When do I get P60U?

Comments

• I have now signed off JSA and the Job Centre told me any rebate should be with me on Friday but I a not holding my breath!! But the beginning of May is good with me, then I go to my local Tax office and they said a couple of weeks! Taxing times! Thanks for some sensible advice and comments!
    Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.
  • Any I was told at the Job Centre that me signing off would automatically trigger the payment in the system as I have now signed off JSA and will have any tax rebate made then! I will let you know how I get on, not that you are interested! Another useless fact!!
    Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any I was told at the Job Centre that me signing off would automatically trigger the payment in the system as I have now signed off JSA and will have any tax rebate made then! I will let you know how I get on, not that you are interested! Another useless fact!!

I am very interested actually. Please keep me updated.
    I wonder whether it is different for people on JSA, because when you are normally working the refund doesn't come that quickly.
    It will be very interesting to see whether JC is right and it will add to my knowledge;)
  • Any,

I will let you know, I was told they have all my information on the file and when I sign off it is automatic, although I am sceptical and think they may have just been telling me what I wanted to hear! Who knows!! I will let you know how I get on, either here or by private message.

Cheers
  • Hello, i have just recieved a P60U in the post this morning... i was just wondering if i'm meant to do something with it or is it just for my records? it sounds silly but i've never had one before so don't actually know what it is! thanks :)
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Just keep it for your records. If you go back to work you will need to tell the people at Tax Credits the figure on the P60U so they can work out what to award you.
  • I am thinking maybe I do have a chance of getting my rebate tomorrow from JSA as I am now signed off and HMRC confirmed I am owed around £2500! Not counting on it though! Any thoughts!!
  • technik_2
    technik_2 Posts: 38 Forumite
    I got my P60U today. As I'm unemployed currently i'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. It doesn't even look "official". It's just a plain A4 page with some figures on it and my address. Takes about half the page in total.
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    technik wrote: »
    I got my P60U today. As I'm unemployed currently i'm not entirely sure what the point of it is. It doesn't even look "official". It's just a plain A4 page with some figures on it and my address. Takes about half the page in total.

I was looking through some paperwork work yesterday and yes, the DWP P60 you get looks very different to the one you would get if you were working.

Northerner. I also found a letter from DWP about a tax refund I had from them last year. It came from DWP and the letter was on their headed paper. I didn't ask for this, it was automatic. I was still signing on at the time of receiving the refund.
  • So Shelley you think I will get a rebate tomorrow, I am saying no!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure