misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like it! I like roasted vegetables too, of course :) Have a good day out there.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 February 2017 at 11:08AM
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!

We haven't done presents this year, just cards (including one from the cat lol). But we have got a lovely evening planned and at the end of the day - it's not about what gifts you give one another, it's spending time together and enjoying each other's company. DH is in charge of Pudding and Vino and I've got starter and main course sorted - few candles and some music and we are all set!

Compensation cheque received from R&angemaster - so will be off
    down the town at lunchtime to pay in (good excuse for a walk).

No charity meeting last night - was called off at the last minute (just as I had geared myself up for it) - but I was glad to stay at home as it was cold and windy out there.

Tea was really quick, easy and delicious last night! I also picked the chicken from Sunday and made some chicken stock from the bones - all that is now snoozing in the freezer to create two more meals.

So, tonight's tea will be: Smoked Salmon and Prawns with crusty bread for starters; followed by Ribeye Steak with Herby Potatoes and HM Mushroom Sauce - pudding is a surprise - but bound to be some sort of fruit tart as DH is not good with chocolate these days.

Looking forward to my evening in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    The cat sent a card :j:j:j
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    The cat sent a card :j:j:j

She certainly did :rotfl:

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Lovely evening...

Had a really hectic morning and just a quick update before I get back to it.

Bit of charity work achieved at lunchtime - just got another task to do tomorrow and then the wages at the start of next week - then i get onto getting some important work done - everything seems important and urgent and it's difficult to prioritise - but getting through it and going to get a couple of hours a week done during lunch times.

Bit of SE work to be done later as I have another venture out on Saturday and will be doing a bit tonight, tomorrow and Friday (unfortunately missing yoga - but saving £7). I think I have got the process down pretty well now - so I hope that we will be able to eat at a reasonable time tonight once I have finished.

Need to top up with petrol on the way home.

Compensation from R&angemaster has been sent to the CC. Must get the other payments done at the weekend.

Tonight's tea is an easy Pie, Mash, Veggies and Gravy - yum yum.

Happy Hump Day everyone.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Still hectic at work.

SE stuff achieved in time frame (even though I started late) and we ate at a reasonable 9.20pm (which is reasonable for us...).

More SE stuff to do tonight after shopping and again hoping fr a reasonably timed tea.

Haven't reported on 50ps for a while - still going and we are reaping the benefits - will leave till the end of March and count again.

Been trying to do the Charity Pension Declaration online and it's frozen me out - it's a real pain as I wanted to get it sorted this week - will try again tomorrow lunch time.

Going to try and get both shops (ie Herr A and Mr T) done tonight so I can go straight home tomorrow and get my SE stuff done and allow us to eat at a reasonable time and so I can relax before my SE venture on Saturday.

Chicken & Prawn Stir Fry planned for tonight using bits and pieces from stores.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    10pm dinner last night; starting late and forgetting one item didn't help (which I sent DH to the shops for) - but DH did help me prepare dinner while I was tidying up from SE.

Hoping to leave work a little early today and I haven't got to do anything on the way home, so should have a straight run today - dinner planned for about 9pm.

In the main, I am happy with how the prep has gone and that it hasn't got in the way of normal life too much - if this was my only job everything could be done in the day...

Couple more 50ps to go in the Penguin pot and need to sort financials in the next week - if I don't get it done this weekend then next weekend will do - I am not going to break my neck.

I am going to try to do the pension declaration again today - hopefully it will let me! and then that's another job out of the way.

HM Pizza on the menu tonight - flat breads bought last week while they were on offer and popped in the freezer ready - really looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• Karmacat
    Options
    Wow. I really hope the SE continues to go well, and expands (if you want it to, that is!) You work really hard - enjoy those pizzas tonight :)
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Wow. I really hope the SE continues to go well, and expands (if you want it to, that is!) You work really hard - enjoy those pizzas tonight :)

Hi KC

I hope so too. I am restricted with how much I can do at the moment because of my full time employment - but hopefully if I continue to get myself established then things will change to expand it.

I can't wait to tell you all everything about it - but keeping my cards close to my chest at the moment.

Pizzas are so quick and easy and DH can also enjoy them as we can make them 'cheeseless' - they are delicious and we don't miss the cheese at all.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Wow - what a weekend!

Friday evening we ate at 10.15pm (whoops). Mainly due to a) me starting prep an hour late as I couldn't get out of work on time and b) having to do a remake of something I was selling (whoops).

Up with the lark and SE went fairly well - getting some repeat customers now and getting to know other stall holders - they are all so friendly. Came back with some freebies too!

Covered my costs and made a small profit - which I will be banking today - another excuse for a walk.

Saturday afternoon went a bit pear shaped - but managed to visit Mum and take her some goodies - going to visit during the week too.

Was so tired Saturday night that DH made omelette for tea and the lamb mince will be used tonight to make a ragu to go with pasta.

Pretty lazy Sunday, but managed to get a few chores done - but had a rest and spent some time with DH which was good!

Back to it this morning - left the washer on this morning, got tea to make when I get back then off to the postponed Charity meeting.

Looking forward to next weekend already when I will see a friend on Saturday lunchtime and we are going out with more friends on Saturday evening. No 'work' to be done...

Need to do a round up of financials this week and get some more paid off that CC - getting there now; but still a couple of months off.

Two weeks and I have a week off - I can't wait! (Not that I am counting at all).

Hope everyone has a good week.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure