Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    126.82 - in bank :starmod:
    27.00 - in purse :starmod:
    20.00 - DD due out :staradmin

133.82 to spend this month.

Notes
    3 October 2016 - Okay so budget is looking TIGHT this month due to a couple of things. Spent money on food in work when I got paid cos I was being a fatty & bought DH a shirt for Christmas.

This means that this month is gonna be a poor one, gonna try & get in as many NSD's as possible.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well I had a fab wee day today.

Work 9.30 till 1pm then tackled my small list of things to do (you know I love a list!)

* Pick up DH yummy Italian sweets
    * Go to bank & withdraw 5.00 notes to spend all month
    * Sign savings book in bank
    * Pick up kitchen roll

So you may be thinking why on earth do you need to get 5.00 notes from the bank, well I had this bright idea this morning to only use cash (I have had this idea before but just kept using card) & to limit myself to 5.00 per day but be strict with it.

Now is the time to make this happen so off I toddled to the bank to withdraw my remaining 90.00 of funds in 5.00 notes! I am sure the bank clerk was like jeezo woman but hey ho in my mind this is going to work for me so there!

So I have my 5.00 in my purse for tomorrow, I am planning a NSD tomorrow though so plan is to come home with it, we shall see!

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Good luck with £5s. Please let us know how you get on. I imagine that kind of approach will work really well for a specified amount of time so if you decided to do that till payday you could probly stick to it.
    I meant to say on my thread that I felt that I was on the right track if I have a similar approach to the queen of Christmas (that's you)!
    My flat is cold today for first time in about 6 months, its coming Dolly! We will see thecoca cola add before you know it! xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Oh the £5 notes are a brilliant idea!! I think I'd be even less tempted to spend them, I'd want to see how many I could keep hold of at the end of the month.
    :happylove
  • lulabelle
    lulabelle Posts: 944 Forumite
    Options
    I've not yet read this whole thread but from what I've read so far I love it! subscribing!

Love the £5 idea - might steal that one myself!
    I want to be a writer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks PSL.

Out with my wee 5.00 this morning, feels like a pocket money system! I'm feeling good about it so far but it is only day 1

Haha I love that, Queen of Christmas :xmastree:

Eeeeeek to the Coca Cola add!

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Thistle, iI'm feeling quite positive about it tbh.

I'm the same I want a wee bundle of 5.00's by the end of this month!

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw thanks lulabelle.

It's just mostly me rambling on & trying to figure out how I am going to pay for the numberous plans I make for myself!

Go for it, more the merrier & if it works for us even better!

Dxxx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Oh i love the £5 notes idea and made me giggle thinking the womans face :P x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I know right!

Might have a solution to embarrassing myself in the bank every week :rotfl:

The tesco bank machine 5 minutes from my work gives out 5.00 notes so might just get them from there or I might alternate my visits between 2 different branches :p

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport