Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I joined Green star last month on their unlimited tariff. So far so good although their website is not great and if you call them you will be waiting for long time. I used to pay £120/month for gas/Elec. and restrict my use as I worry about higher bills. Now I pay Green star £150/month and can use as much as I like, within a reason obviously
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    JayCee017 wrote: »
    Switched as part of the most recent big switch but then changed my mind. Cancelled via email within the period. Heard nothing. Called to check they had received it. They confirmed they had but refuse to implement it as they didn't get to the email within the 14 days. No resolution as yet but felt I should report back as this is just all a bit off.:mad:

Did you use the standard contact form or the special MSE e-mail set up for this switch? If the latter MSE need to get involved on your behalf because that's really not on.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    JayCee017 wrote: »
    You're a star, Hengus. I found that suggested on the Which? site but not the chapter and verse. perfect. Thank you!

Hi JayCee017, if you do cancel, it is best to do this within the first 14 days. I hope that you have had this situation resolved, and if it remains outstanding, please PM your account details and i will support you.
    Best, SB
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StopIt
    Hi JayCee017, if you do cancel, it is best to do this within the first 14 days. I hope that you have had this situation resolved, and if it remains outstanding, please PM your account details and i will support you.
    Best, SB

Ah, hello there!

I am hopefully in the process of switching to Green Star.

However, my current supplier, has changed my account for Gas from the switching process back to Live, one day before the switch was meant to go through. The Electricity is still showing a pending switch to you but I haven't been asked for initial reads yet etc.

Aside from the welcome pack via e-mail, I haven't had anything to suggest any problems and provided meter reads on Saturday to my current supplier. Is this just how these pesky computer systems work or is there a problem?

TIA.

Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    StopIt wrote: »
    Ah, hello there!

I am hopefully in the process of switching to Green Star.

However, my current supplier, has changed my account for Gas from the switching process back to Live, one day before the switch was meant to go through. The Electricity is still showing a pending switch to you but I haven't been asked for initial reads yet etc.

Aside from the welcome pack via e-mail, I haven't had anything to suggest any problems and provided meter reads on Saturday to my current supplier. Is this just how these pesky computer systems work or is there a problem?

TIA.
    Hi Stopit

Thank you for your enquiry. Please can you PM the account number that was provided on your Welcome Pack and i can check for any possible issues.
    Best
    SB
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • feed_me_chocs
    feed_me_chocs Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anyone else had problems with the IOS app?

My switching date was today, but when I try to submit readings via their app it tells me that I can't until there's a meter linked to my account (so have I been switched or have I not been?) :(
  • StopIt
    edited 16 May 2017 at 7:56AM
    Hi Stopit

Thank you for your enquiry. Please can you PM the account number that was provided on your Welcome Pack and i can check for any possible issues.
    Best
    SB

Nope! :p

You've disabled the ability to receive PM messages so I can't send a message.

However! I received a message last night confirming my switch as 17/05/2017 and asking for meter reads. I think I can't do so yet as the account says it hasn't linked my meters to the account so wont accept reads as yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Scottish Power has closed my Gas account (So the switch process there is just strange).

My switching date was today, but when I try to submit readings via their app it tells me that I can't until there's a meter linked to my account (so have I been switched or have I not been?) :(
    Yep, same here. I think the confirmation of switching was a little too eager and the systems isn't updated enough to actually give reads. My Smart meter is ready (To be randomly shut off after a year with a different supplier to the original supplier, but still working for reads!) :p

• Green_Star_Energy

Thank you for the enquiry. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB
  • Green_Star_Energy
    StopIt wrote: »
    Nope! :p

You've disabled the ability to receive PM messages so I can't send a message.

However! I received a message last night confirming my switch as 17/05/2017 and asking for meter reads. I think I can't do so yet as the account says it hasn't linked my meters to the account so wont accept reads as yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Scottish Power has closed my Gas account (So the switch process there is just strange).

Yep, same here. I think the confirmation of switching was a little too eager and the systems isn't updated enough to actually give reads. My Smart meter is ready (To be randomly shut off after a year with a different supplier to the original supplier, but still working for reads!) :p

I have contacted MSE about the PM function and been advised that this function is not available to supplier accounts, apologies for this. Should you have any specific enquiries, please could these be directed to mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.
    Best, SB
  • StopIt
    Thank you for the enquiry. The switching process is reliant on the exchange of information between the 2 suppliers. If this hasn't been received by the incoming suppliers by the actual transfer date, then it could result in a delay in the set up of the account, although this should be resolved within a few days. In the meantime, you could drop an email to [EMAIL="mse@mygreenstarenergy.com"]mse@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL] and we can ensure that your readings are added.
    Best, SB

I'll wait until tomorrow before resorting to e-mail.

Would you need account numbers and Meter numbers along with the readings?

SP have up to date readings from this weekend so as long as they port across the data properly it should be fine but I am expecting a little time lag!
    I have contacted MSE about the PM function and been advised that this function is not available to supplier accounts, apologies for this. Should you have any specific enquiries, please could these be directed to [EMAIL="mse@mygreenstarenergy.com"]mse@mygreenstarenergy.com[/EMAIL].
    Best, SB

No problem! :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback