PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting Parts to make this washing line?

http://www.cottagecraftworks.com/laundry-carts-lines-tubs-amish-style-clothesline-washline-pulley-kit-p-1554.html

I wonder if you can all help?

I would really like this washing line. Sad but true, I have always wanted a washing line that you stand on the patio and send the items to dry down the line, and not get soggy feet from the lawn.

I have contacted the company and it costs the same to buy as it does to send, so it is getting really expensive.

I have searched and can't find anything similar in the UK.

Can anyone help in terms of where I could buy the items here in the UK?

Thank you

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    If your main concern is wet feet, wouldn't a pair of waterproof shoes/boots (wellies?) be alot cheaper?
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • No soggy feet is just an excuse, I have always wanted one, and now have a really long garden and would love to have it
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    just get some upright washing line pulley's from ebay they are around £4 each and some decent cable
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I suggest you look to decent hard ware suppliers and buy the bits.

Screw fix
    Travis Perkin
    Slingsby
    Boat suppliers, pullies for sails etc.

Good luck post up photos when you have built it.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 April 2014 at 11:18AM
    I searched on ebay clothesline pulley under worldwide and quite a few wheels and spacers came up not too expensive. Complete kit £70 ish delivered, not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-25-Clothesline-Kit-6-5-Solid-Metal-Ball-Bearing-Pulleys-New-Lifetime-/251460310944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8c33d7a0

This uk company will customise for you too

http://www.linepost.co.uk/linepost-products.php
  • interesting
    so basicly you need 4 pullies to form the corners of a square - mounted two on either end
    (thus stopping the lines rubbing together)
    a loop of steel cable or plastic coated steel filled washing line
    and a cable joiner

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Single-Screw-In-Washing-Line-Ceiling-Rack-Pulley-by-Securit-S5201-/161202192553?_trksid=p2054897.l5660
    x4 @3.49
    ww.ebay.co.uk/itm/20M-Extra-Strong-Lasting-Long-Life-Steel-Metal-Core-Clothes-Cloths-Washing-Line-/281181319644?pt=UK_Laundry&hash=item4177b671dc
    x 1 @ £3.25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pack-of-5-electric-fence-rope-connectors-/181067333539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a28743fa3

you get 5 for 9.99 - so could use two to connect two washing lines giving you a 20m
    or one to connect a 20 m in a loop giving you 10 m

I make that £27 delivered
    better or worse than the American one delivered ?
    Fight Back - Be Happy
  • actually Ive just noticed the price at the bottom of the page you linked !!!!!:eek:
    slightly better then:T
    Fight Back - Be Happy
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    http://www.cottagecraftworks.com/laundry-carts-lines-tubs-amish-style-clothesline-washline-pulley-kit-p-1554.html

I wonder if you can all help?

I would really like this washing line. Sad but true, I have always wanted a washing line that you stand on the patio and send the items to dry down the line, and not get soggy feet from the lawn.
    I have contacted the company and it costs the same to buy as it does to send, so it is getting really expensive.
    I have searched and can't find anything similar in the UK.
    Can anyone help in terms of where I could buy the items here in the UK?
    Thank you
    Sorry, can't help but thanks for the link to a very interesting site. I would love loads of items from them but they are expensive aren't they? Maybe I can encourage OH to make them... ;)
    PS. If you have a Boyes store near you I found the pulley bits and pieces for an airer there. They might have some of the items you are looking for. (They stock a lot of things that can't be found anywhere else, like an Alladin's cave :) )
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The connectors are known as Wire Rope Clamps, loads on fleabay for less than a couple of quid a pair. :)
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport