Did TD remove Vanguard ETFs from Regular Investments

Options
One of the big reasons why TD was recommended to me was because, if you were into index tracking ETFs, then it was relatively cheap to use TD as they charge a fixed £1.50 fee for regular investments.

For the last few months, I was using that system to buy VUKE (Vanguard UK FTSE 100 ETF) and also VWRL (Vanguard All-World ETF).

Today, I went to edit my settings, and the system told me that VWRL could no longer be purchased. Looking at the available Vanguard funds on the system, I seem to only see VUKE and VGOV (Bonds) being offered insofar as ETFs. However, there has been a whole new range of Vanguard index funds added to the system.

I don't see what is the point of doing regular investment on Vanguard index funds, since, as I understand it, these do not have fees for purchasing (but rather percentage fees for holding).

Can someone confirm that this is indeed what is happening? I don't know very much about finance, but is this a ploy from TD to basically make more money? (and avoid increasing platform charges and giving the illusion of keeping rates low?)

Comments

• MercenaryMan
    Options
    VWRL does not appear when I stick it into the Regular Investments search box on TD.

I've seen similar behaviour in the past. What's available via this mechanism seems to change regularly and you don't get access to everything you could otherwise buy for that account. You can keep buying something you can no longer select - until you change your selection.

They may be making it intentionally difficult to game the system. I signed up to regular investments to reduce costs by making cheap trades on ETFs but this has not been a winning strategy.
  • TSGM
    TSGM Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I gave them a call. It turns out that they removed VWRD (I earlier stated that I had bought VWRL...this was erroneous) because the Vanguard All-World fund is cross-listed in US dollars (I have no clue why this is a reason for removing a fund from the scheme).

I asked the customer rep if she could inquire whether VWRL, which is traded in GBP, could be added to the regular investment scheme. She promised to inquire and would email me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure