£21,000 to pay off -but we will do it this time.

Comments

• Morning Pennywise,

I am sure you will soon get back into the swing!

Hope you managed some sleep aswell xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hi Penny

I don't remember where the week went either !!!!

Hope we all get back into some kind of normal this week.

Hope you have a restful day.
  • Hope you managed to catch up on some sleep.

I think this debt busting marlarkey is like having a part time job on top of everything else we have going on in our lives.

Fingers crossed you have a good week.xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • HI and thanks everyone, sleeping was better over the weekend, but pants last night. Have a lot of work things on my mind as well as the never ending debt.

Spent more money yesterday £15 on petrol and then £20 on a KFC after DS football match, I know we should have just gone home, but we were cold wet and starving, so hey ho we had a treat.

todays spends have been £15 of fuel and £2.10 on DD school dinner this week.

It is so cold here, I lit have the stove and been talking to OH about getting a little oil filled heater in our bedroom as its in the part of the extension which is freezing, looked into getting cavity wall insulation but couldn't be done for some reason, at least the childrens rooms are warm, they are in the old part of the house, DD has the airing cupboard with hot water talk so that keeps her room warm and DS room has chimney breast from the stove downstairs so again that keeps his room warm.

Need to get a couple of fleece blankets for the sofa and finish the patch work quilt I'm making.

Hope everyone is ok, take care.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Put the heating on for abit tonight, not so much for the cold but just cos it feels damp. Used to have a coal fire and loved it, especially the first couple of times it was put on in the winter, used to "pull up" the couch and snuggle down. Used to buy coal over the summer so I had a stock pile for winter. Now we just have the central heating not the same.x
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Hi amber, I love snuggling up in front of a real fire, something really comforting about it.

Good day today, work was manic but good and achieved everything I needed to, so not carrying anything over to tomorrow, unlike flylady at home, jobs seem to be adding up.

I have so far this evening.......

Made a yummy tea of JKt spuds, beans and cheese, (ok dead easy)
    Done a huge basket of ironing.
    Hoovered porch, dining room and both reception rooms.
    swept kitchen floor.
    Paid Tesco CC online and written out cheque for another bill and posted.
    Done 2 school runs, due to afterschool activities.
    Done 2 wash loads
    wiped over kitchen tiles, worktops and kitchen cupboard fronts.
    Made packed lunches.
    Packaged up 2 ebay items to be posted tomorrow.
    Also done a few survey.

Made £18.99 on ebay today and received paypal payment of £8 from mysurv£y, so must update sig.

Both children have managed to get all their school things ready without argument and are going to bed in 10 mins, then its peace and quiet as DH is out tonight :j.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • You have had a good productive day Penny. Best of all a bit of peace at quiet at the end of it. You deserve it.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I like those kinda days...productive! Well done. Don't seem to get enough of them tho!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Well the week slowly went down hill and I seem to have started the weekend stressed out and with too much to do.

Kids have driven me mad with their bickering, answering back and laziness, massive strop from DD earlier because she was asked to feed the G pigs, yet the minute she wanted £25 for pony club she was all sweetness. Finding being back at work and trying to juggle everything really hard work.

Last night I went and did my food shop for the week, nipped into sainsbugs as DH needed to get dog food, all I spent was £1.08 on a load of reduced bread :j, then spent £36 in aldi, may need to get a few bits later in the week, but may use Nectar points in sainsbugs as I think I have £5 worth. Pay day Monday so don't really want to do another big shop until then.

Have received another £4 from surveys and I'm up to £36 on 0nepoll but the usual has happened now and the surveys are slowing down:mad:.

Postie brought me a load of fabric dye from the buzz company, so I'm going to use them to dye some of my faded black jeans, nothing wrong with them they have just gone a bit washed out looking so it will be nice to have them looking new again and it not cost anything, so will do my 2 pairs of skinny jeans, also have a pair of black linen trousers that have faded so will see if I can do those as well.

I cancelled a night out with freinds last night, because, I was so stressed and panicing about trying to fit everything in this weekend, I don't think it went down very well, but i had to get things back on track and feeling as though I am back in control, I would have loved to have spent the evening in the pub gossiping, but then I would have been worrying about when I was going to do a food shop and what we were going to eat all weekend.

Need to do a bakeathon this weekend and get the cake tins filled, also soup needs to be made so I have something for my lunches next week, twice this week I have bought lunch as I've been so stressed and not had time/forgotten to sort myself out.

Also thinking of doing a chore rota for the children, they are old enough to feed G pigs, fold washing, wash/ dry pots etc and I think they need to pull their weight and learn some responsibility other wise they are going to turn into lazy little adults.

Sorry turned into a long post, obviously had a lot to get off my chest:o.
  • (((PWPS)))

I know exactly how you are feeling - there does not seem to be enough hours in the day. I feel like I work all week and then weekends are just housework and in there I also fit in work for the 2 committees I am on :eek:

I agree with giving your children chores to do - it teaches them that the magic fairy does not do all the housework.

My DS is older and before he left school this year his job was to wash up every night and also help lock up the animals at night (for this he got his mobile phone contract paid).

DD is now 10 and has fits and starts about helping but what she did enjoy was FlyLady :eek:
    When I followed it I used to print out each days jobs and then on a weekend try to work our way through it - I would give the children a room each and they had to try and work through the list - they seemed to really like being able to cross something off the list :rotfl: (some things never change)
    Obviously it was not up to my standard but it looked so much better.

I think you mentioned before about your DD needing new shoes - my DD has just outgrown her Size 3 shoes (1 are Hello Kitty Vans and 1 are denim trainers (boot style). If your DD would like them let me know and I will get them in the post to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure