Data Controller: HAMILTON INSURANCE COMPANY LTD

Address:
    8 SURREY STREET
    NORWICH
    NORFOLK
    NR1 3NG
    Other Names:
    HAMILTON INSURANCE

Don't know how this works but when i search for Hamilton Insurance Company Limited on the Data protection register it comes up with two names

HAMILTON INSURANCE COMPANY LTD
    TOWERGATE UNDERWRITING GROUP LIMITED
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Just looked up Firstplus too on the data register and they were only registered on 26th May 2000. Were they registered under a different name for handling data before this time?
  • marshallka
    Options
    Hamilton Insurance Company Limited have a couple of address's listed
    On Data Protection Register it is

8 SURREY STREET
    NORWICH
    NORFOLK
    NR1 3NG

On Consumer Credit Licence Register it is

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of BusinessWesterly Point, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1QB Registered OfficeCory House, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1BL

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of BusinessRegency House, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1LU

On FSA website it is

Address: PO Box 4
    Norwich
    Norfolk
    NR1 3NG

And on Companies house it is

Name & Registered Office:
    HAMILTON INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
    8 SURREY STREET
    NORWICH
    NORFOLK
    NR1 3NG
    Company No. 01655888

And

HAMILTON INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED

Company No. AC001546
  • marshallka
    Options
    And there is more Di..... if you do a search on the Consumer Credit Licence Register for Endeavour you have to do as a "trading" name because nothing comes up with it being a Firm Search but when you search under trading name its comes up with a choice of two and BOTH ACTIVE

Search Results

Licence / Application / Validation Order NoLicensee / Applicant NameLicence StatusPPB Postcode
    0366118Endeavour Personal Finance LimitedCurrentB1 3PY
    0563597Click Financial LimitedCurrentGU9 7LG
  • marshallka
    Options
    If you look on the CC Licence regiser for Firstplus it says for who runs the firm
    BARCOSEC LIMITED
    1 CHURCHILL PLACE
    LONDON
    E14 5HP
    Company No. 02223143

Never heard of these????

Its Barclays address though.
  • marshallka
    Options
    Di, as regards commissions, were there any mentioned in your SAR request. I KNOW that Firstplus added our PPI (just like you above) and it was the same thing as you, the application with no ppi and then the agreement with typed in ppi, added months BUT also I SAR'd Firstplus and the only commission I can see paid over to the broker (according to them) was £850 which is 5% of the LOAN and nothing on the PPI side of things.

FOS DO KNOW they are getting away with this and also the FSA and OFT etc all allow it. They are now playing the game of "we know they did wrong" but PROVE it..... so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2011 at 3:48PM
    Options
    Wow Marshallka, thank you for all this yet again.;) (just arrived in from a few hours out).;)

Will look into all this shortly x
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Marshallka

Here is the email received from the adjudicator on Friday and asked us to provide concrete evidence of Click Finance not providing the PPI.

Dear

I have spoken to HFC this morning in an attempt to speed up the process as promised. I explained that you felt that they were involved in the sale of the PPI policy and maybe responsible for that sale.

HFC explained to me that this was not the case and the loan and PPI were arranged on the same date by Click Finance. This is evidenced by the fact that the broker was paid commission for the sale of the insurance.

Therefore in light of these submissions, I would need some concrete evidence from you and Mrs ***** to show that it was not Click Finance that sold you the PPI policy.

I look forward to hearing from you by 30 June 2011.

Yours sincerely
    M
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    S
  • di3004
    edited 19 June 2011 at 5:27PM
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Di, as regards commissions, were there any mentioned in your SAR request. I KNOW that Firstplus added our PPI (just like you above) and it was the same thing as you, the application with no ppi and then the agreement with typed in ppi, added months BUT also I SAR'd Firstplus and the only commission I can see paid over to the broker (according to them) was £850 which is 5% of the LOAN and nothing on the PPI side of things.

FOS DO KNOW they are getting away with this and also the FSA and OFT etc all allow it. They are now playing the game of "we know they did wrong" but PROVE it..... so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checking on the application form there is a part before we sign which asks if we are required to pay any fee in support of this application and there is a manual cross for no.

Going through SAR stuff underwriters paperwork there is a list of figures and Brokers commission of a thousand odd.
    Even though I cannot recall on this being discussed, but can recall on being told we don't pay anything.

The HFC address is also Endeavours address now and that is the address Endeavour wrote back with.

Yet when we taken out the loan with Endeavour it was the address in Bracknel.

And the address on the Click Application form is:

Vicotoria House, 23-27 South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QU

Click Finance Ltd (04239176) Registered in England Bridge House, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7RS licenced Credit Brokers.
    different postal code on the registered adddress.

On the HFC paperwork this is a Customer services Speak with form, we have the name of the one who spoke to us (and i am aware she is still working for them during a research i have done) she has her profile as HFC Underwriter.

This is the copy of the form that both me and hubby have one each, where they asked questions and also states on the form is to contact them if they can help us anyway for additional funds.
    This is HFC Bank Ltd/UK/Household.

The first address you wrote for Hamilton is the address we have on the policy details.
  • marshallka
    edited 19 June 2011 at 6:44PM
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Marshallka

Here is the email received from the adjudicator on Friday and asked us to provide concrete evidence of Click Finance not providing the PPI.

Dear

I have spoken to HFC this morning in an attempt to speed up the process as promised. I explained that you felt that they were involved in the sale of the PPI policy and maybe responsible for that sale.

HFC explained to me that this was not the case and the loan and PPI were arranged on the same date by Click Finance. This is evidenced by the fact that the broker was paid commission for the sale of the insurance.

Therefore in light of these submissions, I would need some concrete evidence from you and Mrs ***** to show that it was not Click Finance that sold you the PPI policy.

I look forward to hearing from you by 30 June 2011.

Yours sincerely
    M
    Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
    S
    I know the story here Di. Endeavour (the lender) will say that just after you filled in the application you had a phone call or something like that and you then agreed to the sale of the PPI blah blah blah...... WE KNOW who sold the PPI Di and it was not Click, It was endeavour/hfc and it seems that Endeavour are a wholly owned subsidiary of HFC (just like Firstplus were to Woolwich) and in LAW makes them seperate entities. (This was one of my problems when I wanted Barclays (or the Woolwich of which I did not try) to take responsibility for Firstplus. They are part of Barclays for some things but where legal things are concerned they are entirely seperate. I have just found this though and if you read the disadvantages of the parent subsidiary relationship and the DUTY business (although do not understand it fully so going to look into this more) there is a time when they can be held responsible for the subsidiary's liabilities.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Wholly+owned+subsidiary

Corporations also create subsidiaries for the specific purpose of limiting their liability in connection with a risky new business. The parent and subsidiary remain separate legal entities, and the obligations of one are separate from those of the other. Nevertheless, if a subsidiary becomes financially insecure, the parent corporation is often sued by creditors. In some instances courts will hold the parent corporation liable, but generally the separation of corporate identities immunizes the parent corporation from financial responsibility for the subsidiary's liabilities.
    One disadvantage of the parent-subsidiary relationship is the possibility of multiple taxation. Another is the duty of the parent corporation to promote the subsidiary's corporate interests, to act in its best interest, and to maintain a separate corporate identity. If the parent fails to meet these requirements, the courts will perceive the subsidiary as merely a business conduit for the parent, and the two corporations will be viewed as one entity for liability purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport