Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's

Comments

• VanGoghsEarhere
    VanGoghsEarhere Posts: 46 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2017 at 5:08PM
    Hi folks

I haven't reported in a while. Basically, after failing to have my complaint upheld by the FOS I went elsewhere for credit to pay Santander off. However, I still possess a Cahoot account and on Monday received an unexpected deposit of £1,130.00. I have asked Cahoot to inform me of the source. My guess is it's either a input error or Santander eventually lost a decision in relation to the flexi-loan and are now processing refunds. No evidence as yet.....

Will update when further information received.

Good luck all and fingers crossed.
  • Oh,i hope so!
  • Hi folks

I haven't reported in a while. Basically, after failing to have my complaint upheld by the FOS I went elsewhere for credit to pay Santander off. However, I still possess a Cahoot account and on Monday received an unexpected deposit of £1,130.00. I have asked Cahoot to inform me of the source. My guess is it's either a input error or Santander eventually lost a decision in relation to the flexi-loan and are now processing refunds. No evidence as yet.....

Will update when further information received.

Good luck all and fingers crossed.

Did you hear anything further on this?
  • I had a cahoot flexi loan some years ago - I can't remember the date I opened the account, nor the final balance when I declared bankruptcy in April 2011.

Having heard nothing at all from cahoot since declaring bankruptcy, today I've received a statement from Santander showing a balance on my flexi loan account of just over £1,500 - with no indication of whether this is a credit or debit balance.

Can anyone shed any light on why this statement has suddenly appeared - as I haven't heard a peep from cahoot/Santander since April 2011?

I've tried calling Santander on the number shown on the statement, but the wait time is ludicrous.
  • Arfhurdaly
    Arfhurdaly Posts: 194 Forumite
    I know this is an old thread, but am currently complaining against this to Santander.

I wondered if anyone had any recent success against Santander?

With my case, I have the feeling that I will have to escalate it to the FOS, but will post again when I get a reply from their complaints dept.
  • Complained to santander about Cahoot flexi loan told after waiting weeks for a reply my complaint was not valid as the account was over 6years old. Took it to FOS who unsurprisingly said the same thing which again took them around 6weeks to conclude. I asked specifically if the account could be changed to a different product which would be more affordable, apparently Santander can't / or won't do this. I guess it would open the flood gates to everyone posting on here to change. There advice in my letter is overpay to pay it off sooner complete joke
  • I'm guessing that I have seriously missed the boat here as this thread is so old now, but is there any recent info about cahoot refunds or complaints? I took out a flexi loan in 2003 and have been frustratingly ignorant about all of this.
  • sparkey1
    sparkey1 Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Post
    Probably. I tried a few years back, and got nothing from Santander.
  • bobdauilda
    bobdauilda Posts: 791 Forumite
    Just wondered if anyone had any success with the various court cases ?
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • Hi, I know it is probably a long shot, but has anyone had any recent luck with Santander in getting a refund pleases? I would be great full for any tips. Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback