New Porch Quote

Would anyone have any idea how much I could expect a 1mx4m brick built porch with a sloping roof to cost?

Can't really think of how to describe it best....! Mostly brick built, with a porch door with small windows either side, the rest of the space is going to be a storage cupboard so no windows there to stop prying eyes.

Any ideas would be brilliant, we are in Greater London.

Thanks,
Liz

Comments

• HappyG1rl
    HappyG1rl Posts: 242 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2010 at 11:32AM
    What materials will be on the sloping roof? Tiles? Slates? Felt?
    I'll never be a Money Saving Expert while my kids are Mony Spending Experts.
  • MissLizzie
    MissLizzie Posts: 31 Forumite
    It will be a tiled roof.

Forgot to say in my earlier post that the builder that is currently doing my extension has quoted 8k. Just seems a bit steep considering the price for the extension...

Thanks!
    Liz
  • rdpro
    rdpro Posts: 607 Forumite
    yike! 8k?? I'm having some major restoration done to my house which requires the removal of the old porch. I've got the builders down to 2.5k on a replacement (original quote was 3500), re-using the existing uPVC door from the old porch and replacement small double glazed window to one side.

Forgot to mention, it's standard building regs size, 3 sq metres? Bigger means planning permission, so that might be bumping up your price.
    IT Field Service Engineer, 20 years with screwdriver and hammer :)
  • MissLizzie
    MissLizzie Posts: 31 Forumite
    Yikes was my first thought as well!!!

I prefer your quote thats for sure....

We already have the planning permission so that can't be the problem.

:confused:
  • rdpro
    rdpro Posts: 607 Forumite
    forgot to mention even more - the 'average' for a porch (brick, uPVC door and frame, tiled roof, electrics, etc.) is between 3-4k. I had 3 different builder's quotes for the restoration, each quoted 3.5k for the porch.
    IT Field Service Engineer, 20 years with screwdriver and hammer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure