Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ?

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Stil no contact from ID anyone trying to my mobile number just gets 3 bleeps followed by silience.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Suggest to iD that they now issue a deadlock letter so that the ombudsman and Ofcom can see how they're handling porting problems (although to be fair I'm sure the fault lies with three.)
  • MoneyMate
    Found these settings on my phone any ideas /are these right ?
    Sim Status
    NETWORK -ID
    SERVICE STATUS - VOICE IN SERVICE/DATA IN SERVICE
    MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED
    MY PHONE NUMBER - UNKNOWN.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Found these settings on my phone any ideas /are these right ?
    Sim Status
    NETWORK -ID
    SERVICE STATUS - VOICE IN SERVICE/DATA IN SERVICE
    MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED
    MY PHONE NUMBER - UNKNOWN.

The last two mean the phone's not being allowed to connect to the ID network servers.

It could mean that network support at Three are doing 'something' to fix the problem...
  • It might also be a standard failure of service or out of range for a signal? The iD email mentions problems in his area.

And it would be EE that need to do 'something' on behalf of their 1p/EE customer.

The OP's iD service apparently worked fine until 2 weeks ago. The number was ported in last Dec 15 (Dec 15th 2016). So it's not the port from Sainsbury's/Vodafone that's gone wrong. If it had then it would surely have come to light before now.

We have not yet eliminated whether the 1P mobile was a new activation on a supposedly new number or if it was a port in from somewhere else. That's where it might have gone wrong.

And since the OP has contact with the 1p mobile, do you know if they have complained to 1p. And have they issues making calls.
  • Jon_01 wrote: »
    The last two mean the phone's not being allowed to connect to the ID network servers.

It could mean that network support at Three are doing 'something' to fix the problem...

Having WiFi on could result in the 'MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED' message.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 November 2017 at 8:44PM
    Having WiFi on could result in the 'MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED' message.

The wi-fi shouldn't disconnect the mobile phone signal. Wi-fi doesn't usually deliver phone calls.
  • pmduk wrote: »
    The wi-fi shouldn't disconnect the mobile phone signal. Wi-fi doesn't usually deliver phone calls.

Brilliant, why didn't anyone else know that? ;)

Now go to SIM status without WiFi on and check 'Mobile network state' and then put WiFi on. Mine changes to 'Disconnected'
  • MoneyMate
    Tomorrow is D-Day
    If the porting works I will know soon, thanks for all your advice and recommendations, if the worse happens I will have to change my mobile number with Tesco Mobile but you have to be positive, and why should my number be given away without a fight.
  • You told us that iD were trying to contact you? Did they? what did they say?

Whilst I appreciate that you need a service and this is a frustrating experience I would advise you to ring Tesco Mobile immediately and try to cancel the port. Exhaust all your options with iD first.

You won't have any leverage with iD or Three as you will no longer be their customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure