What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 13th November?

Comments

• Morning all :hello: oops, been awol, but have been managing to read. There may feel light a small glint of light at the end of the tunnel after today if I can get lots of work done whilst at home.

In other news, I know I’m sad but I’m ridiculously (:o) excited that my bank has finally managed to get its mortgage balance to show up when you log on to your on line banking :T so much easier to overpay now too as a) balance is front and centre every day when I log on and b) I don’t have to call or log on to the laptop to make a payment as I did before. I can feel some tilly tidies going that way very soon.

Hope everyone is ok, and mr Dawn and Ziggy are doing ok and Dawn too being nurse. Hope you’re feeling better too 1ll

My list for today:
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Move some subs for smalls that have been paid from the subs pot so it all lines up
    Tidy kitchen, load DW
    Small load of washing, dry inside when heating on later
    Use blanket on me today rather than heating in day
    Something from freezer for tea, update freezer list
    DH bought some bananas home from work, we already had some so get creative later
    Take book back to library.
    Double check Christmas present list and update list of my phone for few I have left
    Get in loft later for some presents from present box as dd has 2 parties this weekend. Will check for pyjamas for oldest too as I’m sure I have some next size clothes stashed up there.

Right off to do last few jobs before school.
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all!

Just at work for the morning as I have an open day at the primary school for DD - she's starting in September (where has that time gone?! :eek: )

So a slightly longer list for today:

- Book taxi & restaurant for Saturday night
    - Keep an eye out for F&F replies
    - Request final council tax bill
    - Check outstanding balance on loan
    - Refer SNC complaint to FOS
    - Book bouncy castle for DS birthday
    - Print out complaint letters for MyJar, Minicredit & 247 Moneybox
    - Post letters on the way to school
    - Burgers for tea, DON'T GO TO THE SHOP!!
    - Quick 30 min cycle in the washer
    - Pack another box & do some decluttering
    - Message lady back who showed an interest in the TV cabinet for sale on FB
    - Clean inside of car

Here's to a busy Tuesday!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all!

Today is going to be all about paperwork, I get my first payment from Amazon today and need to nail it down to what is actual profit rather than just having a vague idea.

Send off another package.

Arrange for glazier to fix two small panes of glass, one from when I got locked out and another from when DSXGF tripped and put her hand through trying to save her fall by grabbing (and missing!) the door handle! I've lived with them just patched up for a while but in the interests of heat conservation I really should get them done.

I have been craving French onion soup for ages and got a cut price block of Gruyere from work the other day so today may be the day!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    French onion soup sounds good FVD :)

So far:
    Strained off the lovely chicken stock I made yesterday in the SC. Now in the fridge in a covered bowl :)
    Washed out the SC bowl and put in to cook one of the Xmas puddings I made yesterday with DD and GD :) We made 3, 2 smallish ones for DD to take to her Polish in laws' Christmas Eve celebration, and a bigger one for all of us on Xmas day. I will precook them and they will keep fine till needed :)

Been outside and done a few things:
    Walked dog
    Cleaned the dirty old wheelie bin that appeared a week after ours disappeared from outside the house :mad: This one was left about 100 metres away and had been used for old plaster or something like that. Presumably the person to whom it belonged cba to clean it. I suspect the two nitwits who are trying to do up one of the houses down the road on the cheap and who have been dumping their building rubble in all the neighbours bins as they presumably cba to go to the tip. Hopefully they will do up the house and sell it to someone normal! Anyway, all clean now and I have a bin again :T
    Dug some leeks and got rid of some salad leaves from the greenhouse that had gone over, and replaced with a couple of geranium plants from the patio, hopefully they will survive the winter :)

Anyway, coffee now :)
    Still to do:
    Make chicken and leek pies, one for dinner, one to freeze :)
    Some housework
    Surveys and RM survey stuff

Probably more, but that is all I can think of atm :) Had a better night last night as OH slept rather than wandering round moaning about his back :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning Frugalistas,
    Kitchen smells so tropical today as I'm having a bit of a preserving session. Not a long list today, but some useful stuff, anyway:
    *Make pineapple chutney....some of which will be given as festive gifts as lovely with cold turkey. Using some of my home grown scotch bonnet chillies. All recycled jars from my stash - just about to sterilize.
    *Rubber pork leftovers in slow cooker with peppers, kidney beans, onion, garlic, tomatoes, jalapenos, puree & use-it-up dregs of a jar of chipotle chilli paste. Looks hopeful. Will serve with rice.
    *Did last of this week's laundry overnight on half price tariff. Pegged outside as sun has come out. Will finish overnight on heated airer.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    Other stuff too but that's my generally money saving things.
    Hope all troubled friends on here are having a better day today.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • BritOnABudget
    BritOnABudget Posts: 65 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2017 at 10:10AM
    • [STRIKE]Send back Boohoo parcel[/STRIKE]
    • Complete car tax and insurance
    • [STRIKE]Go job spotting[/STRIKE]
    • Do comps
    • [STRIKE]Swagbucks[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]List ebay items[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make lunch for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    House Deposit: £5,015.37:j
    Make £2018 in 2018 - £1399.45/£2018
    Save 7k in 2018 #25
    Emergency Fund - £0/£1000 = 90%
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 November 2017 at 7:01PM
    Evening squires.

A late check in from me as I had some management training this morning.

Yesterday's round up:
    • Meals from plan - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Log cals in free app - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done. very disappointed in my power clean.
    • No drinks - done
    • Make a loaf of bread - nope
    • Heating will be off all day as we're not in, but def going on when I get back! It's freezing here! - done. Kept it off!
    • Clean demijohn ready to rack wine - done and racked
    • Said an emphatic yes and thank you to my neighbour when he offered me free cooking apples from his tree - done
    • Booked our hair apps. OH has decided to go to my hairdresser this time to save a bit of money - done
    • Ring npower to ask why my dd has gone up to £85pcm from £60 when I'm not in arrears!! - apparently it was projected past August 2018 when my current tarrif ends and they project based on you staying with the standard tariff. Have told them to lower it back to £60 and I will pay off any winter arrears with the money they refunded me earlier in the year!
    Today:
    • Meals from plan
    • 2 free muffins at the training
    • Pay remainder of Christmas party monies
    • Little glass of wine at our fave caf! as a treat
    • Charge phone in work
    • Log cals in free app
    • Sort meals for tomorrow
    • Crochet
    • Shout at OH for doing a pull up. I mean, seriously what possessed him? He's 4 weeks post-injury and hasn't even seen the physio yet! This is MSE because if his arm goes again he can't gig or drive. :mad:
    Right, not a big list but we can't have it all

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Evening All

Today we have or will:

Hospital appointment (everything ok-ish, off steroid for skin and back in 4 months)
    Used pre-payment card for new prescription from hospital - this has to be my best money saving purchase every year with being on 9 items per month)
    FREE Hot drink & cakes at J Lewis for me & DH
    FREE parking at J Lewis
    Bought trousers for mum (remembered to check sparks offers before going and loaded the 20% off trousers)
    Used a 25% discount card in WH Smith
    Checked Bank & made PAD
    Collected mum's prescription - it WAS at the chemist
    RM Survey
    Mr A delivery this evening
    Purged a few emails
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL

Have a great evening all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I crunched some numbers which gave me a headache and I have been in bed most of the afternoon, I have taken a couple of Naproxen which seem to be helping.

French option soup is now off the menu for today as too time consuming and I settled for a scrambled egg sandwich instead! DS was dispatched to the shop with my card and bought all the ingredients to make himself a pizza esque baguette!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 November 2017 at 2:55PM
    Morning!

Feeling a bit full as last night turned into a couple of glasses of wine and a (small, proper restaurant) pizza. Was very enjoyable and OH and I were having a nice chat.

Yesterday...
    • Meals from plan - dinner out
    • 2 free muffins at the training - nom
    • Pay remainder of Christmas party monies - done
    • Little glass of wine at our fave caf! as a treat - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Sort meals for tomorrow - done
    • Crochet - no, hands hurt
    • Shout at OH for doing a pull up. I mean, seriously what possessed him? He's 4 weeks post-injury and hasn't even seen the physio yet! This is MSE because if his arm goes again he can't gig or drive. :mad: - done

Today:
    • Meals from plan - def stick to it today. I've kinda lost my mojo a bit
    • OH out at a gig tonight - can relax away to myself
    • Pack my suitcase for the weekend
    • Crochet if hands not too sore - extra yarn might arrive today - it has arrived
    • Post sympathy card to friend's partner who has lost his dad - done
    • Tidy round and sort out my washing
    • Write a menu for OH for while I'm away to make sure he eats what I've prepped for him :cool:
    • Look for a spot cream - I keep getting spots on my back since I've been at the gym a lot :o - tea tree oil
    • Pick up hair dye - done and dye it tonight. Mmmm nice evening with a good book and a bit of pampering. Sounds ace!
    • Cut open a tube of hand cream to get the dregs out - done
    • Checked charity shops for new boots. None that were correct/fit but a good idea
    Will add more if I think of it

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories