Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    What a lovely, encouraging post :)
    Thank you J

You're welcome! Hope you have a good week!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just popping by..enjoying the plan and am very envious of your cooker..:) My oven is so unreliable, but struggling on.

Have a good week x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Very excited about the new cooker purchase :j...

although now thinking perhaps I should get out more as it's not even my cooker :o

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for the cooker love ladies :A

I had a nice time yesterday meeting a friend for coffee and looking for a cooker.

I wanted to see cookers in RL and twiddle the knobs and open the oven door and peer in, but even a huge John Lewis only had about 20 cookers on display and not the make I wanted. My time wasn’t wasted as I asked questions and had my choice confirmed as we scrolled through available options on their website. Apparently the make of cooker I want is used by the Women’s Institute ;)

THERE IS A SIX WEEK WAIT!! for the cooker I eventually chose. I will let you all know when it arrives

Today I am WFH and I have a stock pot on already, some turkey cooking and I will be batch cooking beans and making soup. I have no fresh veggies so will be using up my frozen veggies. :)

My office working days are coming up and I want to be prepared so I don’t waste money this week.

I called my handyman and he is calling me back today. I need to book some time for him to do some work as the house is starting to get me down again.

I’m starting to realise I need glasses. I guess I knew and I’ve been in denial. :( Anyway, I am going to make this the month I get my eyes sorted

I hear snow is coming. Spring isn’t as close as I thought…

Have a good day

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Six weeks for a cooker? Wow! At least the anticipation will build and you’ll be all the more excited when it finally arrives 

Definitely get your eyes checked – I found when I wasn’t wearing my glasses when I should have been, I got loads of headaches so it can only improve things. Also, the glasses don’t have to be mega-bucks! Just make sure when they’re selling them to you, you let them know straight up that you want to avoid the designer frames if you don’t want to spend £300 on specs!

Ah, I love the idea of snow but not the practicality! Cancelled trains, slow traffic, late to work… it’s just annoying. It’s so pretty to look out at though.

Good on you for doing some bulk cooking, too. I made some soup on Sunday night that will do us for lunches until tomorrow (three days in a row I can just about cope with) then tomorrow night I’ll make some taco bowls with rice to have for lunch on Thursday and Friday. It’s much better being prepared, as we could easily fritter away £25 per week each on lunch if buying it. That’s £200 per month! I’m committed to bringing lunch to work – it has to happen!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks JoJo I know. Six weeks for a cooker to be installed! How ridiculous.

I too get headaches so glasses might help. I'm hoping so...My work will help with eye costs. Not much but at least it lessens the overall cost. I most definitely will not be going designer but hope for something nice :)

Re bulk cooking. It helps so much when I am commuting and my evenings are shorter. It stops me from stopping off for tired shopping and buying crisps!

I hope your day stays possessive JoJo :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You cacn get some lovely frames that are not designer.
    Go to an independant.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Go to an independant.
    Thanks Beanielou I will :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options

This morning I heard back from a creative industry professional and she sent a copy of the lovely reference and the request she sent on my behalf. :) If this ends positively I will gain some experience and this too will turn into paid work that I can do next year and beyond. My ideal (in 5 years or so) is to work 3 days a week, tutor part-time and freelance creatively
    I heard back. They want me!! I love it when a plan comes together. I plan to do 3 reports over the course of a year for this creative industry. I won't get paid but I get a Kindle of my choice to do the work on. (I've wanted one of these for some time) I get unlimited resources. I make valuable contacts and get valuable experience. I plan to monetise this work in due course. So, I am pleased :T

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Go to an independant.

Also wander into Spec5aver5 and dither. They seem to usually have some nice frames and discretion to give you a deal.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family