No idea if I’ve had PPI

Hi (I’m a first timer on the forum!)
I have had many loans, store cards, credit cards and mortgages over the years. Unfortunately I don’t remember half of them, never mind have paperwork, dates or details! Is there some kind of free search I can do using my name & addresses to find out please? I see a lot of companies offering the service but not sure who to trust. I am talking about accounts dating back over 6 years ago, so I don’t think getting my credit report will help? Many TIA.

Comments

• Never use a claims company. You will need to do all the work, while they take all the money. However, you do get a free stamp for your complaint letter.

Your credit report will show the last 6 years. If you feel you had PPI, you write to the lender giving your reasons for mis sale.

If you're not sure, ask them or do a SAR. But bear in mind that with older accounts, lenders are much less likely to have retained any data.
  • I see a lot of companies offering the service but not sure who to trust
    Personally, I wouldn't trust any of them, and do be aware that you'd still have to supply the details, to enable them to complain on your behalf.

By 'complain on your behalf', I mean, post the letter for you, to the same address you can post your own letter, using the free complaints process.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure