Comments

• coffee18
    coffee18 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Description

Classically creamy and finished with a sprinkle of nutmeg
    No artificial colours, flavours or hydrogenated fat
    Suitable for vegetarians.

This should include suitable for the bin.
  • coffee18
    Good news for shoppers partial to these, after lots of complaints from customers Asda are bringing these back with the original recipe I have been told by them , they should be in stores soon. They need to get a new quality control panel, these were awful as the 1 star reviews proved.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Judging by appearance this product seems to be unchanged so far.
  • coffee18
    I can say that they do look the same and are slightly sweeter in the not enough filling, but definitely not the original recipe and pastry far too thick and tasteless. But if anyone lives near to a Thomas the baker or a Cooplands these are more like Asda originals with thinner sweeter and tastier filling ,( unfortunately l don't ) but even Sainsbury's, Tesco and Aldi are better.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That's a shame, I've not bought any lately and was waiting for people to post that the originals were back.
  • coffee18
    I have emailed Asda so will post here , and did tell them to check their feedback on the grocery site and to consider bringing old ones back. Fingers crossed, but because they look the same I don't think people are buying them, so at least if they start making the old style again it will be obvious to shoppers.
  • Good news for egg custard lovers. Asda are now selling egg custards by a company called Park Cake next to the awful ones that everyone hates. They are so much better than the others, and sell for 75p for a pack of 2.
  • alanq
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks coffee18. I'll look out for them. I didn't see them when looking in the chiller yesterday.

I have merged your new post into the original thread.
  • alanq
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I saw the new product for the first time in store on Friday. Much better than the recent ASDA brand version. Strange that the two products are being offered alongside one another in store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure