nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Comments

• Hi amistupid (no-ur-not)
    we meet again!
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I also haven't got the 2nd email, even though I got my first on the tuesday...

I'm anxious because I'm going on holidays next week without access to the net, and if it doesn't arrive until sunday, then I have to wait another 7 days to check, eek!
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • nilrem wrote: »
    In that case there is no point in me answering then is there? :D

I did think that was going to be the case. Shame really as it does seem the only reason your upset is that you weren't at the front?
  • ajaxgeezer
    ajaxgeezer Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    nilrem wrote: »
    Why say it then?
    Each to their own but I don't really understand how being concerned about ones money is being childish TBH but you are entitled to your opinions.

It is I suppose quite natural that people such as yourself who have got their money would be very happy but it might be nice if you showed a little thought to those of us who are at the end of the queue. :)

.....I have nothing but thought for all Icesavers - hence my posting on this forum this morning that the FSCS compensation process appears to be running exactly as they have said. Nilrem, you're in a queue. I'd like to put you at the front. I can't. What I CAN do, and have done, is assure you that it's working.

A month ago you were delighted to have your money back by Xmas. You're gonna get it back by November. There is a number to call if you don't have your emails by a certain date, and that date is nowhere near upon us yet. I share your concern, I was there on Monday morning to. I can only assure you not to panic!!

Go on, "But then you would say that, etc etc etc"
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    monkeydog wrote: »

I lay in wait of your next reply that starts with, 'you would say that, you've had your money...'

"You would say that, you've had your money"

PS: Are you one of the mystery soothsayers who voted in the 2nd email poll? :D
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • All 3 of us in our family are still waiting for the 2nd e mail, 1st one received quite early on, 4th November.

Mainly we have ISAs and finding a reasonably paying new home for them is not easy as interest rates tumble. We have hopefully secured HBOS fixed rates, if we get the Icesave money out in time. Meantime we are losing interest, which, as 2 pensioners and 1 student on fixed incomes, is worrying.
  • Scarlet, try and have a good break. Hopefully u will have an email waiting for you when you get back. You have a little time to claim once the email is there. fingers crossed
  • amistupid wrote: »
    PS: Are you one of the mystery soothsayers who voted in the email poll? :D

Sorry, you've lost me. Email poll? :confused:
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913
    Forumite
    ^ thanks, but there's still 2,5 days to go (do they work saturdays?).

Hope is the last thing to die.... :D
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188
    Forumite
    ajaxgeezer wrote: »
    I'll ask again - how would it have been fairer to arrange the queue? (apart from you at the front, which is seemingly the only fair way in your eyes)

Ok then how about this, rather than the present [strike]lottery[/strike] sorry random draw maybe it would have been fairer to have asked people to have logged on to the site before they started to transfer the cash and to make their choice and confirm etc then after say 2 weeks when all the transfers were set up flick the switch and do them all on the same day, at least we would not have to endure smug people bragging at how they got theirs first while others are waiting.

FWIW I have never said or implied that I wanted to be first in the queue, if you can find one of my posts that said I wanted to be first I would be pleased to comment on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure