Savings on Sky & House insurance thanks to Money saving expert

Having watched a couple of Martin Lewis's shows recently i decided to call Sky. I pay around £80 a month for tv, broadband and phone line. I have been with them for 7 years and told them i wanted to reduce my spend by about £25 a month. After asking them to take off sky sports and my multiroom i was told i could have 6 months free line rental worth £14.50 a month. My unlimited broadband cost was reduced to £7.50 from £10 a month and sky sports reduced by half, saving me another £10.50 a month for 6 months, so in ten minutes i reduced the cost by £27.50 and still have sky sports and multi room. I was told that i can, after the 6 months, phone them to cancel sky sports if i want to as the cost will rise again, but hey £165 saving for 6 months is good going.

I then phoned Halifax after comparing building and contents insurance on compare the market and found i am paying for unlimited building and £35,000 contents. By reducing it to £400,000 buildings and £25,000 contents i am saving £214.97 a month and my house insurance is now £17.70 a month instead of almost £35.

Check your car insurance online too. Churchill cover my partners car with me as named driver and again on compare the market, the same quote online was almost £250 cheaper than he pays for his and with one phone call they reduced it down and also gave him free breakdown cover into the bargain.

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport