ACE9000 KBD - display...

debrag
debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
What does each of the display menus mean?
Finally getting to know the gas meter now it's the electric meter. Should be getting £117.31 debt on it (isn't on as yet). If it went on and I was to put say £120 on the meter would it take the debt each week from that amount or only from when I top up?

Comments

• robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2009 at 4:38PM
    The debt is usually added as a weekly fixed charge, so if you put in £20 over the week it would give you £10 electricity, and take £10 for the debt. That is the idea anyway, to spread the recovery over a long period and reduce hardship (in theory).

Display A would be remaining credit and display F should show fixed charges and any debt amount, others will most likely know more
  • debrag
    I know about the weekly fixed charge but what I want to know is say my debt is £100 at £15 a week can I put the full £100 on the meter and the debt be taken from that or will it just come off any new credit I put in?
  • Mynewt
    Mynewt Posts: 153 Forumite
    NO,

The meter is configured to take a set figure towards to the outstanding balance, any overpay would be reserved for sonumption only. I cannot state strongly enough how important and better alround it will be for you to top up by smaller amount on a regualr weekly basis.

Your standing charge and debt repayment are taken once a week at the point of top-up. So you could have £100.00 availabe for usage - but if your do not top up for 3 weeks, on your next top up you'll have 3 weeks worth of debt repayment and standing charge to be removed. (assuming there is enough after the usage amount has been reserved)

Prepayment meters work on the following pirority scale:

- Emergency Credit repayment
    - Consumption (approximately 30% of the top up is reserved for payment there is a minimum figure as well but I've forgotten what this is)
    - Standing charge
    - Debt Repayment
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Perhaps you would be better of paying them the £117 debt, and paying as you go, in future (assuming you CAN pay it all off now)
  • debrag
    robredz wrote: »
    Perhaps you would be better of paying them the £117 debt, and paying as you go, in future (assuming you CAN pay it all off now)

That is what I want to do but I'm not the account holder so can't ring up and the online account I set up to pay the full amount off is stating that they are finalising the account for the final bill :confused: (prob meaning the account holder who clearly doesn't give a !!!! about the place now he's with his girlfriend has done something!!)
  • debrag
    Mynewt wrote: »
    NO,

The meter is configured to take a set figure towards to the outstanding balance, any overpay would be reserved for sonumption only. I cannot state strongly enough how important and better alround it will be for you to top up by smaller amount on a regualr weekly basis.

Your standing charge and debt repayment are taken once a week at the point of top-up. So you could have £100.00 availabe for usage - but if your do not top up for 3 weeks, on your next top up you'll have 3 weeks worth of debt repayment and standing charge to be removed. (assuming there is enough after the usage amount has been reserved)

Thank you I had a feeling that was the way it was done, will just top up the debt amount plus some extra each week.
  • Screens on a key meter are as follows:

-A: Value of credit in meter (value of emergency credit remaining if followed by solid E)
    -B: Minimum value of credit you require to purchase to take your meter out of emergency credit and back into normal credit
    -C: Date (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -D: Time (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -E: Total value of credit accepted (since meter installed or last reset)
    -F: Total weekly fixed charge (standing charge and debt recovery rate (if applicable))
    -G: Total number of units recorded (since meter installed)
    -H: Number of units used at Domestic or Day rate (since meter installed or last reset)
    -I: Pence per unit for units at Domestic or Day rate
    -J: Number of units used at Night or Low rate (since meter installed or last reset, only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -K: Pence per unit for units at Night or Low rate (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -R: E=£x.xx Emergency credit value
    -S: Total debt value remaining set on meter
    -T: Weekly debt recovery rate

Be aware, screens H & J may be reset when an engineer visits to reset your meter or a new key is issued or reprogrammed, although screen G should not get reset
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    debrag - the gas meter works as mynewt says, but the electricity meter does recover the balance from the credit on ti at a rate of 1% of your weekly agreement every 101 minutes, so you could load up with credit in one go and it will take your payment from that, but you will need to continue to top up for your consumption in the following weeks.

It m ight be different with different suppliers I suppose - who are you with?
  • debrag
    edited 17 November 2009 at 4:39PM
    SwanJon wrote: »
    debrag - the gas meter works as mynewt says, but the electricity meter does recover the balance from the credit on ti at a rate of 1% of your weekly agreement every 101 minutes, so you could load up with credit in one go and it will take your payment from that, but you will need to continue to top up for your consumption in the following weeks.

It m ight be different with different suppliers I suppose - who are you with?

I'm with scottish power, so far no debt on there but third top up is tomorrow so it may go on.

£160 debt £117 to go on (when meters were arranged)

I have a notice on the meter door stating '£20 per meter, per person, per month' Doubt that will happen with everyone. I'm saying £20 as the DD had just been changed to £23 a month so I'm thinking alone the lines of keep the costs below this.

Basically the DD were set to £46 a month combined, of course the one who was meant to be paying this rarely did, having the DD bounce, also they thought that that was the ACTUAL cost not that they would prob have to pay more once bill arrived. DD was changed to £123 a month again bounced, they move in with girlfriend and don't give a !!!!!
    They'd pnly just moved to SP from someone else where their DD were close to £200!!!!!!!!!
  • sequence
    sequence Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Not all meters are the same. My electric meter takes £10 per week for debt and my gas meter takes 70% of any credit for debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure