6K loan towards flat purchase

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Herzlos wrote: »
    There's nothing against getting a mortgage for £6k.

Except that there's not a lender who'll give you a new mortgage for anything less than £25k.
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    vacheron wrote: »
    I believe the OP wants to buy a place outright for 50K (or a slightly better place for 56K with the personal loan).

List of cities where you can buy a place for £50k please...
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Whether you have £50k or £56k I am not sure you can buy anywhere without a mortgage on top of that. Have you looked at prices in your area?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    NineDeuce wrote: »

I'm not sure why you are demanding I do your research for you, but ok.

Also to highlight the OP's own post.
    I am finally in the fortunate position of being able to buy somewhere to live.

It means moving to a new city

I have 50K in cash, and I am now saving for buying costs. In order to buy in a slightly less gritty area I think I need another 5 to 6K.

I'm guessing I can't get a mortgage for such a small amount

So they have 50K, are moving to a Gritty area and don't think they can get a mortgage.

Did you read the same post as me?
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    vacheron wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you are demanding I do your research for you, but ok.

So Middlesbrough... and thats it?

Normally a list comprises more than one item.
  • vacheron
    So Middlesbrough... and thats it?

Normally a list comprises more than one item.

So you've disregarded all the information I provided which supported my interpretation over yours to focus on making a pedantic point regarding what constitutes a list (information which I was under no obligation to provide you with in the first place!).

:think:

Hovever if you insist,

I'll look forward to you proudly informing me that some of the links are a year out of date.
    • The rich buy assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • vacheron wrote: »
    So you've disregarded all the information I provided which supported my interpretation over yours to focus on making a pedantic point regarding what constitutes a list (information which I was under no obligation to provide you with in the first place!).

:think:

Hovever if you insist,

I'll look forward to you proudly informing me that some of the links are a year out of date.

No. I just get miffed by people who think they have a point by saying 'search for yourself'.

Why do I have to make the effort to prove your point? If you had a point, you would know this already.

So based on your advice, why dont you go on to Google and type 'how to enter a debate or discussion'.
  • vacheron
    edited 11 January 2018 at 12:14PM
    No. I just get miffed by people who think they have a point by saying 'search for yourself'.

Why do I have to make the effort to prove your point? If you had a point, you would know this already.

So based on your advice, why dont you go on to Google and type 'how to enter a debate or discussion'.

Thank you for your suggestion however I feel I am capable of entering a debate or discussion, for example in post 3 where I provided some (hopefully) useful advice to the OP.

You joined the discussion seven posts later with the perfectly understandable assumption that the 50K was their deposit. I politely advised in post 11 that I believed the £50K was their intended purchase price and not their deposit.

For whatever reason since then you have decided that rather than accepting that you may have simply misunderstood the original post based on the evidence from the OP which I re-quoted in post 15, you would instead focus on demanding I provide evidence of house prices across the UK in order to disprove my assumption. Evidence which I have since provided.

Until the OP returns and clarifies their situation we will remain at an impasse on this matter, so I will leave this thread for now and leave the other forum members to draw their own opinions.
    • The rich buy assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Most of the M62 corridor, South Yorkshire, Lancashire, North West, North East, Liverpool, Stoke on Trent. You can buy houses in Hull from £30k.
  • Tarambor wrote: »
    Most of the M62 corridor, South Yorkshire, Lancashire, North West, North East, Liverpool, Stoke on Trent. You can buy houses in Hull for £30k.
    Made a small amendment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport