Remember you're a womble - 2016

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am very jealous of your theatre and ballet tickets Sugarbaby - what fabulous wombles! And lucky you too Chirpy, with being thanked for your honesty with theatre vouchers...sigh...maybe I'll do the 2for1 Meerkat thing... ;)

Still in bed, so no wombles to report as yet today. Going to look at bathrooms later, so might have an anti-womble to report once I fall in love with the most expensive range on offer :eek:

Laters x
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »

F0xh0les - do you have a soup maker that does everything for you, or do you cook on a stove? My recent attempts at soup weren't great, so wondering if I should invest in a gadget?

No strange infernal devices over here!! Pot and stove gal, and a £5 hand blender from the blue supermarket.

Tomato and red pepper is my best one, but half the kids have gone off it, :( well this month anyway.:rotfl:
    random vegetable (what ever is left in the fridge drawer) and barley with lots of YS parsley goes down so well, and parsley freezes well so it is just a quick crumble from a frozen bag. Plus I have discovered the wonders of dumplings.
    So easy, so filling, so cheap!:T

Happy wombling weekend folks, and :hello: to Chirpy too.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Muhren wrote: »
    You aren't supposed to share personal info on here anyway, so I think you best offer them elsewhere.

Part of me thinks it's completely understandable people wouldn't want to PM any contact details to a random person who turns up offering receipts! However, another part of me thinks it's no problem to do that because I've given out my details hundreds of times, particularly when joining Get Paid To sites and signing petitions.
    Anyway, I'll obviously have to look elsewhere for people who are interested.
    When I read that wombling article from Martin's email I thought it was mostly about collecting supermarket receipts, but this thread seems to be mostly not about that side of it.

And while I'm here... sorry, I don't know if anyone reading this is already active in the "Boost Your Income" section of these forums, but for people who like picking up pennies from roadkill, Get Paid To sites might be of interest perhaps, since you can pick up cents daily from those as well.
  • Muhren
    Muhren Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £1 from TCB Easter Treats Egg Hunt today. 17p in Nectar points and 2p in receipt uploads yesterday.

Anyone else having problems with CoS today? I can go into the app but it is telling me I don't have any internet connection when I do.
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016
    Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• chirpycheap
    chirpycheap Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well my first official wombling day has seen me fail to leave the starting block!

I took a walk up the local high street but found only three empty beer cans on a wall, all of three paces away from a bin, I'm sure you can imagine my grumpy old woman disapproving face as I binned them! It reminded me of the old days when you used to get money for returning Corona fizzy pop bottles. What a shame they don't do that anymore. It certainly kept us kids fit looking for bottles and oh the joy when you found one!

I also found one piece of Lego. Now I know it is expensive stuff but probably not even worth 1p. I'd look a little odd trying to sell it so it'll be given to my great nephews (how generous will I look!)

We went to B&Q and I saw a lovely wooden planter for £30. DH came home and has started to make one like it with some old wood in the garage. I can't claim for it until it's finished but I'm definitely in the wombling zone!
    We also postponed buying some potting compost and plastic pots until Wednesday when he can use his over sixties card to get a 10% discount.
    Dizzy Imp - It's been a couple of years since I've been to the theatre and I love going but the tickets are just so expensive these days. Spending what amounts to an awful lost of groceries on one night at the theatre is something that I find difficult to justify. The last time we went the lady next to my husband had I think over indulged at the bar and fell asleep on his arm. We'd paid a lot of money and my poor husband was somewhat embarrassed. I get cross because you pay a lot of money for the cinema and theatre and my enjoyment is often affected by random sniffers, loud eaters and slurpers, chatters, mobile phone checkers and people with personal hygeine issues!
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • BritishBibliophile
    Options
    Had a good wombling day on Thursday as I won tickets to the Country Living Spring Fair so me and my Mum had a day out.

Free tickets - £25 (£12.50 for subscribers)
    Free copy of Harpers Bazaar - £4.99
    Bonne Maman yummies after buying goodie bag - £1.50

Gave the magazine to my MIL so might have a brownie point or two, don't think I can count that as a womble though XD
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just out so haven't read posts today but just found a £1 & also cashed in a free coffee in Costalots so putting £2.50 for that.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today we went to the Han caves in the Ardennes. We bought a combined caves-wildpark card, but just visited the caves; we can visit the wildpark anytime before New Year. We got a 50% discount because we have an annual pass to a science museum, advantage = €45! I cannot imagine paying €90 for the caves and wildpark, and am not sure we would have gone.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chirpycheap I regularly get free tickets for plays and other shows so that is why I can afford to go to the Theatre in London. I have had success with getting preview tickets for £10 as well, otherwise I would stay at home because even cut price tickets in good seats will cost me the best part of £50 and I am not prepared to pay that kind of money. :T

My local cinema only charges £4.99 for 2D films and £5.99 for 3D films so is very inexpensive. Also they sell snacks but do not object to anyone taking in their own snacks and drinks, so £2.97 in drinks and snacks from the 99p shop a few doors away is enough for my 2 children and I. Mostly though we watch films at home for £3.47 a film through my You View Box. :j
  • chirpycheap
    chirpycheap Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chirpycheap I regularly get free tickets for plays and other shows so that is why I can afford to go to the Theatre in London. I have had success with getting preview tickets for £10 as well, otherwise I would stay at home because even cut price tickets in good seats will cost me the best part of £50 and I am not prepared to pay that kind of money. :T

My local cinema only charges £4.99 for 2D films and £5.99 for 3D films so is very inexpensive. Also they sell snacks but do not object to anyone taking in their own snacks and drinks, so £2.97 in drinks and snacks from the 99p shop a few doors away is enough for my 2 children and I. Mostly though we watch films at home for £3.47 a film through my You View Box. :j

Wow! You have certainly worked out how to enjoy the cinema and theatre without spending a fortune!
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport