A Money Saving Wedding - A challenge

Comments

• wait until nearer to wedding to book flights ryanair and easyjet always have "sales" and i booked my flights for the end of this month, 6 months ago at a grand total of £50 return including hold luggage! Bargain.
  • Hi there I was just wondering if you were male or female. Just that you say you were best man at weddings, and everyone is asking you about your dress and hen night, I'm confused!!

Definitely have a good read through all the wedding threads and write down ideas you like on a notepad! Also subscrivbe to threads that you really like and will come in very handy. HTH and hope to see you around

Tiger xxx
    Married the most amazing man 05/12/09 and it was the best day ever, I'm a Mrs, he he!!
    :j
    Wins 2009: Peroni Alessi bowl woohoo, 1 in 10 wins DVD from Maltesers, Avon lippy!!!
    Freebies-Bold Gel, Coffee
    Pinecone Research - £9
    Mystery Shopping - £15
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Best tip I can give, is haggle, haggle and haggle again! The asking price is never the one you should pay!! On paper my wedding should cost around £8K but so far on budget at £3.5K :D
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • I am man well last time i looked :-) but my partner will be reading the thread also. I guess I started the thread as I needed motivation to really start saving as I can like most men, be very last minute!

I also needed somewhere to turn to, when this organising a wedding lark starts getting me down, as I say I have had mixed experiences of this recently, so its nice to turn to people in a like minded situation.
  • My suggestion would be that it might be possible to save on honeymoon depending on what you're looking for. We're going to Florence for a week, which despite not being a beach break (because that's not what we're into) should be incredibly romantic. I'm hoping for narrow streets, tuscan hills and lots of bottles of wine on little terraces.
    Total cost for hotel with breakfast and flights £ 660. 7 nights.
  • Have a look at No 1 Experience www. no1 experience .com (apologies but it wouldnt let me post the link and web address..)

My friend used them for a hen party and she said that the price was the cheapest she had found for what was included. You can build your own package or take advantage of the ones already put together. They have some special offer packages aswell and if I remember rightly they offer discount if you book a stag and a hen party through them. Think the stag and hen go free but worth checking this information.

Good luck with your search and the wedding.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jemma6834 wrote: »
    Have a look at No 1 Experience www. no1 experience .com (apologies but it wouldnt let me post the link and web address..)

My friend used them for a hen party and she said that the price was the cheapest she had found for what was included. You can build your own package or take advantage of the ones already put together. They have some special offer packages aswell and if I remember rightly they offer discount if you book a stag and a hen party through them. Think the stag and hen go free but worth checking this information.

Good luck with your search and the wedding.

Yep, still sounding like :spam: So your mate, had a Hen party, yet on the other thread, your mate had a Stag party?? Sorry if you are not, but 4 posts all recommending the same site, is very 'spammy'.
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Frannyann

I didnt feel it was relelvant to add that they used it for their stag party as well but I did mention that they did discounts for both as that was what my mate used it for. They booked both the stag and hen party, got an extra discount and had a great weekend.

Was only giving advice from what I have heard, word of mouth in my experience is better than anything else. In future, I will keep my advice and comments to myself as I only get accused of spam...

Many thanks
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Jemma you joined here and made 4 posts, all of which are advertising that company.

That's spam.

If your friend booked them then surely you went along to her hen do? You know more about the company than you do about your friends hen party.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    no offense luv, but we're doing our wedding on your ring budget...
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure