We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Comments

• fnc63
    fnc63 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    if it's not too complicated, the ideal would be tick for done, skip for something you want to go back on later (perhaps ie comp not loading) and X for not interested in :j
    djl wrote: »
    I agree its a good idea
    I agree as it's time consuming to subscribe and to unsubscribe and email notifications don't work anyway!

i disagree :eek:
    there ya go 2 against 1, almost evened it out for bringing up 5 month old posts again

there is a tick to show its done
    the X is for not interested/skipping
    and if you want to go back to something, bookmark it :p

2014 WTD ~ CH10OC50CW55PC10AB25BA120SB15OC30BC160BV105OC30CT20GC10GB100
    :shhh:

Apparently everything has a happy ending and if you havent arrived at the happiness, it hasnt ended yet :think:

• Hi all

There's some confusion over when to use the expired button and some compers have asked for clarification.

It's to be used to move expired competitions only.

To help prevent people accidentally entering a competition twice please continue to send merge requests for duplicated competitions to board guides.

Thanks

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    edited 13 August 2013 at 11:02AM
    Thanks Andrea

(sneeks back in & say's it's a shame we can't use the expired button to get the self promotion posts off the forum & the dupes, as it is so quick. What we did last night was when a dupe is posted we got the link from the original post, put the link in the thread like we do now saying dupe original here, please click expired, so like that people can click the link to check it is a dupe then click expired. This worked really well with a self promotion comp last night, posted it was a self promotion obvious as the persons username was the blogs name, asked everyone to click expired, it went into game over & I brought it back onto the comp board as I am not linked to the site re listed it & all that was done within 5 mins) :D

xxx
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,799
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    thank you MSE Andrea :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Luckyone wrote: »
    This worked really well with a self promotion comp last night, posted it was a self promotion obvious as the persons username was the blogs name, asked everyone to click expired, it went into game over & I brought it back onto the comp board as I am not linked to the site re listed it & all that was done within 5 mins) :D

xxx

Isn't that just going to encourage people to post their own comps? If they know somebody will simply repost it they might as well be allowed to post it themselves surely? Just a thought.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,412
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Luckyone wrote: »
    Thanks Andrea

(sneeks back in & say's it's a shame we can't use the expired button to get the self promotion posts off the forum & the dupes, as it is so quick. What we did last night was when a dupe is posted we got the link from the original post, put the link in the thread like we do now saying dupe original here, please click expired, so like that people can click the link to check it is a dupe then click expired. This worked really well with a self promotion comp last night, posted it was a self promotion obvious as the persons username was the blogs name, asked everyone to click expired, it went into game over & I brought it back onto the comp board as I am not linked to the site re listed it & all that was done within 5 mins) :D

xxx
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Isn't that just going to encourage people to post their own comps? If they know somebody will simply repost it they might as well be allowed to post it themselves surely? Just a thought.

Depends are we trying not to allow self promotion or make sure the self promoter doesn't get the thanks for posting the comp?
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite

No because they would be told on the thread like now that self promotion is not allowed. It then goes to game over.Then they see their comp posted by someone on the forum & not connected to the company, so they would be more likely to Pm someone on the comp board to post their comp for them which is a win win situation

xxx
    Chocolate
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Which we have been asked in the past not to do if I recall.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Depends are we trying not to allow self promotion or make sure the self promoter doesn't get the thanks for posting the comp?

We are not allowing self promotion as the board rules say.

As for the thanks anyone can go into the game over section & post the comp on the main board as long as they are not connected to the company AND like I did link back to the first comp that was self promotion & ask people to check their thanks, which also gives the chance to click thanks on the bottom of the original posters comp so the self promotion person who first listed the comp also get the thanks

It's nothing to do with taking the thanks away from the first person, it's about getting good comps listed back on the boards for everyone to enter

Same as comps that are posted with the wrong title lay out, we all explain the correct way to post it but more than likely they don't do it so it goes into game over. Anyone can go in their re list the comp with correct details with a link to the original comp that was listed wrong to check their thanks & thank the original poster

xxx
    Chocolate
  • Luckyone
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Which we have been asked in the past not to do if I recall.

Really? I have not seen that. Was their a reason why not to?

xxx
    Chocolate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills