Boots Sale

Comments

• I had been hoping to buy some of the Jack Wills gift sets in the sale and have been really surprised to notice they aren't reduced. Do you think they might be reduced a bit later or they will just stay this price until they are all sold? Any wisdom greatly appreciated.

Jack Wills are fiercely protective of their brand - I'm wondering if they have allowed Boots to use their name for the products but will not allow them to reduce so as not to devalue the brand? Will be interesting to see what happens with them!

My local Boots had lots of the JW stuff left on Christmas Eve but all had been removed from sale totally for the Boxing Day sale.
    Stand Up For What You Believe In, Even If It Means Standing Alone
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Storck, I'm sure it was only last year it was 70% off, other years were 75% off.

Happy moneysaving all.
  • it is 70% off in mid january. Shoppers in bluewater stocking up on 50% off stock today. This is not that much more when you take the buy 2 get one free deals before xmas.
    Food and Smellies Shop target £50 pw - managed average of £49 per week in 2013 down to £38.90 per week in 2016
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    it is 70% off in mid january. Shoppers in bluewater stocking up on 50% off stock today. This is not that much more when you take the buy 2 get one free deals before xmas.

Ie 3 £10 items before Xmas on 342 is £20, at half price but not 342 now those same items would be £15.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Storck wrote: »
    75% Event? Isn't it usually 70%?

Last year it was 70%, in years up to last year it was 75% off.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Last year it was 70%, in years up to last year it was 75% off.

It is 70% this year.

New star product next week as well
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • lufoo7
    lufoo7 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Jack Wills are fiercely protective of their brand - I'm wondering if they have allowed Boots to use their name for the products but will not allow them to reduce so as not to devalue the brand? Will be interesting to see what happens with them!

My local Boots had lots of the JW stuff left on Christmas Eve but all had been removed from sale totally for the Boxing Day sale.

Jack Wills is staying and will be available to buy all year
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    I had been hoping to buy some of the Jack Wills gift sets in the sale and have been really surprised to notice they aren't reduced. Do you think they might be reduced a bit later or they will just stay this price until they are all sold? Any wisdom greatly appreciated.

I am a bit clueless about the 50% off sale because I have always waited until the 75% sale which I always used to look forward to. However, last year was so horrendous, I am determined to avoid it!

Saw this on the Boots homepage, not sure if it helps?

http://www.boots.com/en/Jack-Wills-Fabulous-Weekend-Essentials_1511119/
  • Thank you so much for your advice about the Jack Wills stuff. Now kicking myself for not stocking up when it was 3 for 2!
    I was hoping to get gifts for my daughter's friends so will pass on the set on the homepage but thanks so much for pointing it out.
    Thank you
  • princesse_sarah_x
    princesse_sarah_x Posts: 228 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2014 at 3:04AM
    I have to agree there wasn't much decent stuff left, I only went in as passing and not specifically (Hull Kingston Retail Park). I got a Soap & Glory set for £8 with the super tonic, orangeasm mini body butter & shower gel which I thought was a good deal, the spray alone is lovely.
    Looooadds of Sanctuary items left :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport