We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Facebook

1707172737476»

Comments

• RavenRae
    RavenRae Posts: 1,957
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    JSP wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just been told that I have reached my Max number of likes, so I need to unlike some companies.

Before they changed to the new layout I just went through the list of people I liked and unliked those I don't want anymore.

However, for the life of me a can not figure out how to view everyone that I like any more.

Can someone help?

Thanks

If you go on your profile you'll see a more option just under your cover photo. If you click on that you should see a 'likes' option from the drop down.

I did not know there was a maximum
    "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect" ~ Bruce Lee
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Think Facebook are having another crackdown.

I have a blog that is totally unrelated to comping, or anything you are likely to win by comping. Went onto Facebook to post my latest blog post link, clicked submit and got the security box come up and had to enter the captcha to prove I was not spamming.

I have my main page which I use to talk to friends generally and enter a few competitions via.

The other page is also my name, but job specific and allowed under FB rules- it was this one which only gets posted on about 2-4 times in a week, that got the security box...
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Wish they'd blurdy target the companies that are STILL asking us to like & share.
    I posted a polite message with this link on LOADS but no response :(
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375
    Forumite
    Wish they'd blurdy target the companies that are STILL asking us to like & share.
    I posted a polite message with this link on LOADS but no response :(

I just report those threads now.
  • kzmicallef
    kzmicallef Posts: 228 Forumite
    Hey, I don't know if this helps but check your friends list because I emailed fb and asked for clarification on the blocks and they said usually a friend or a company has to report you for spam before your page is blocked x
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck:beer:
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Zanzib wrote: »
    I just report those threads now.

:eek: Be busy today then! :rotfl:
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    Forumite
    kzmicallef wrote: »
    Hey, I don't know if this helps but check your friends list because I emailed fb and asked for clarification on the blocks and they said usually a friend or a company has to report you for spam before your page is blocked x

OMG You actually got a reply from FB!!!!??? :eek: What email did you use for future reference?
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • 4mFiller
    4mFiller Posts: 298
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi guys, sorry for hijacking this thread but I am in desperate need of some help/advice please with facebook so hope I am in the right place.
    It worked fine one night, next day apps wont load or work, like button not working, nothing on messages. As soon as I go to a competition page I just get the top header of the page with no content and cant like/unlike. Not just new ones but also regular daily comps. The strange thing is I can like and comment on individual posts/photos but not pages. Also entered a tombolas which is showing as an app and entered so am totally confused:wall:
    I may have done something with my settings with many company's asking permission to post on your behalf so have been checking on the privacy filters, have tried checking/unchecking every option but nothing seems to work, nothing is on a blocked list and as far as I can tell its exactly the same settings as I had before. Have tried different browsers, cleared cache, different computers, googled and sent feedback to facebook. I am at a total loss as to what to do next:(
    Only been on facebook a few months, bit of a novice still, only use for comps, never liked and shared, have under 1000 likes, just the one account so have done nothing wrong as far as I am aware and have had no notifications from facebook.
    I hope some of you experienced facebook compers may be able to offer me some help please. Thanks for listening!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure