Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a nice weekend.

@jamichi1 - I am sorry you feel that the reply I typed out for you was generic. I would like to clarify that it doesn’t matter to the cashback network who they pay the cashback to, what is important is that they follow the system correctly and award the correct refers with the correct amount of commission. Failure to do that, as with any company could cause reputational damage.
    The affiliate schemes are taken very seriously by everyone involved. While I understand some people know more about these schemes than others the basics are the same and the basics do relate back to cookies and referrers I am afraid. Whether or not you believe it is the case, if we don’t get the cashback it means somewhere in the system the link between your purchase and our site isn't clear cut and either this does relate to the cookies on your device or the transaction was deemed as not eligible for cashback.

Cashback not being awarded to us doesn't mean that cashback is not paid. In a lot of cases the cashback is paid to a different referrer this is directly caused by either issues with cookies on your device, not following the correct cashback procedures or using a voucher code not available on TopCashback. If the transaction is deemed not eligible it means no one including the cashback network will get paid for the cashback.

I am trying to help you as much as I can with your query but I am not denying it would be virtually impossible for me to contact every operating system, device manufacturer and software creator to ask if there is a chance one setting on their device or software can affect how cookies track. The cashback system does work, many of our members are happy and the majority of transactions do track. I am sorry you have had a negative experience with your cashback tracking and I am trying to help you as much as I can. I am afraid any TopCashback member of staff including myself can only give you some trouble shooting tips rather than direct advice that definitely applies to you.

@ih8stress – I am sorry that you have seen these error messages. Even though you got this error message I suspect your support ticket has still come through to us and so I would expect you to receive a reply within a couple of days.
    If you could kindly send me an email to the address [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] I will help you as much as I can.

@legendkiller2k8 – I am sorry you felt like we didn’t try and help you. As the people who get paid the commission there is only so much we can do but we do try what we can to get people the expected cashback. The majority of transactions that take place through our site are paid as we would expect and although you may not think this is true I can assure you it is. I understand that when there are issues that you can’t put your finger on it can be frustrating and I can assure you this feeling is shared but it would be impossible for us to have enough knowledge to diagnose every tracking issue that may be down to a single change you have made to your device. Nearly all devices do work in a similar way and we know this works for members when trying to earn cashback. We are still awarding millions of pounds of cashback for our members and will continue to do so. When things don’t go to plan we help people as much as we can and I am sorry you don’t feel this was the case.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    It's not just TCB @matt it's cashback sites as a whole it needs regulating as it can be classed as a incentive to take out a service, this has already been proven by myself when i took SKY to court over none payment of cashback and was succesful.
    I find at the moment it is better to negotiate a deal with the company direct as then you have something in writing of the incentives offered to you.
    Hopefully cashback side of things will improve and i will start using them again but until that happens as Duncan Bannatyne would say "i'm out".
    2010 Posts: 5,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi TCB Rep,
    I wonder if you could tell me if I hold the record for the longest ever wait for my cashback and it`s still only at the "pending" stage.

Last November I booked and paid in full for two Shearings Holidays, one which was taken in December 2014 and the other the following month in January 2015.
    These holidays both tracked OK but have since been at the "pending" stage where they still remain to this day.

Last April I opened a support ticket on your site regarding this matter and have updated it on a regular basis ever since but all to no avail.
    You keep asking me for my patience but I think a year is being patient enough.

Enough is enough, either contact them direct and remind them of their responsibilty or just admit I`ll never get the cashback and I have basically been conned by booking through your site.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    2010 wrote: »
    Hi TCB Rep,
    I wonder if you could tell me if I hold the record for the longest ever wait for my cashback and it`s still only at the "pending" stage.

I had one from Quidco for orange mobile broadband that went on for about 4 years before they decided the affiliate company that handled the cashback for orange had gone in to liquidation, I didn't get my cashback...
    boatman wrote: »
    I had one from Quidco for orange mobile broadband that went on for about 4 years before they decided the affiliate company that handled the cashback for orange had gone in to liquidation, I didn't get my cashback...

Thanks for cheering me up. :)
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Everyone,

@ih8stress – I am sorry that you have seen these error messages. Even though you got this error message I suspect your support ticket has still come through to us and so I would expect you to receive a reply within a couple of days.
    If you could kindly send me an email to the address mse@topcashback.co.uk I will help you as much as I can.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the support ticket still went through (five times in fact, as it sent one every time I tried to do it again - I added a note on the ticket to explain this to them).

They have actually replied to me today and activated it but unfortunately the tesco clubcard is STILL not showing on the payout list of options so I have updated my request.

Hopefully I will hear again tomorrow with any luck - I will keep you posted, thanks.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

By the sounds of the weatherman the dry weather is soon going to be washed away but that doesn't stop me being happy to help you all!

@LegendKiller2k8 – I am sure the many regulators out there will keep an eye on this and review different industries and their need for regulation. Part of our role it to alert our members about what cashback is. As I have explained previously all cashback sites are doing is opening up the chance for you to earn the commission that other sites have been able to earn in the past. If you did this through a non cashback site you wouldn’t know that the website is benefiting from you making the purchase, all we are is one of those sites who give the money back to you.

@2010 – I am sorry to hear your transaction hasn't progressed. Similar to other cashback sites we can only really progress cashback once it is paid to us. Holidays can sometimes take a little longer than normal transactions as the merchant wont start the validation process until after the stay has been completed. I do totally understand where your coming from and a year is certainly a lot longer than we would like our memebers to wait for cashback to progress but we do need you to bear with us while we wait for your cashback I am afraid. We will be querying the cashback network as much as possible to make sure they are looking into why any outstanding transactions haven’t progressed. As soon as they can they will get your transaction progressing and then we can progress the transaction in your account.

@ih8stress Thanks for getting back to me and I am glad to hear that the team have replied to you. The only reason the Tesco Clubcard option may not be showing is that the clubcard number is not in your account. Can you make sure it has your clubcard number in your account by clicking ‘Account > My Profile > Payout Details' ?

I do hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi Everyone,

@2010 – I am sorry to hear your transaction hasn't progressed. Similar to other cashback sites we can only really progress cashback once it is paid to us. Holidays can sometimes take a little longer than normal transactions as the merchant wont start the validation process until after the stay has been completed. I do totally understand where your coming from and a year is certainly a lot longer than we would like our memebers to wait for cashback to progress but we do need you to bear with us while we wait for your cashback I am afraid. We will be querying the cashback network as much as possible to make sure they are looking into why any outstanding transactions haven’t progressed. As soon as they can they will get your transaction progressing and then we can progress the transaction in your account.
    I do hope this helps everyone.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

It hasn`t helped me, a year waiting and it`s still at the pending stage is absolutely ridiculous.
    If your networks have contacted Shearings Holidays as often as you say on the TCB website support ticket that I opened last April,then you must have received an answer.
    Or do Shearings just ignore the network requests?
    Are there others waiting for a Shearings cashback at TCB?
  • ih8stress
    ih8stress Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 October 2015 at 3:54PM
    Hi Everyone,

@ih8stress Thanks for getting back to me and I am glad to hear that the team have replied to you. The only reason the Tesco Clubcard option may not be showing is that the clubcard number is not in your account. Can you make sure it has your clubcard number in your account by clicking ‘Account > My Profile > Payout Details' ?

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi Matt,

I have twice added the clubcard to my account via My Profile and clicked submit/update or whatever it shows at the bottom. Both times it has said I would then have to wait 72 hours before I could request payout.

It has then shown something like 'confirmation pending' when going to request ANY payout.
    The first time I did not authenicate it by the verification email that followed but on my second application, I responded via the email immediately - so I do not know what is happening.

The support staff said that they had now validated it but the Tesco clubcard is STILL not appearing and as of this afternoon, I am yet to receive a reply.

I do not want to have to add my clubcard details again, as it will mean waiting a further 72 hours and I was hoping to be able to add these to my clubcard before the next batch leave Tesco on the 22nd October 2015.

Sorry for the long post, but you can understand my frustration at all this delay.

Regards
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi 2010 and ih8stress,

@2010 – I do understand why you are frustrated by this and until your transaction progresses your issue won’t be resolved. The discussions between the cashback network and the merchant are extremely confidential and we often are not aware of the progress they are making with obtain information and the funds so they can progress the cashback. I can assure you if there was a simple way around this it would have been done as it is not in anyone’s interest to keep transactions outstanding. In situations like this it is often not an individual members but a small group of transactions that are not progressing as rapidly as we would hope.

@ih8stress – I am sorry to hear this issue is continuing. If you send me an email to the email address I have mentioned previously and also include your ClubCard number I will do what I can to help you out.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi 2010 and ih8stress,

@2010 – I do understand why you are frustrated by this and until your transaction progresses your issue won’t be resolved. The discussions between the cashback network and the merchant are extremely confidential and we often are not aware of the progress they are making with obtain information and the funds so they can progress the cashback. I can assure you if there was a simple way around this it would have been done as it is not in anyone’s interest to keep transactions outstanding. In situations like this it is often not an individual members but a small group of transactions that are not progressing as rapidly as we would hope.
    Matt

So I can take it there`s more than me that`s still waiting for Shearings to fulfil their obligations after one year?

I did notice that Shearings left your site earlier this year but still offer cashback with them on Quidco.
    Has this got anything to do with their non payments on TCB?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback