Three

Options
2»

Comments

• Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm another person who has been with 3 for a long while and have my data capped so once I use my allowance, I can't use any more unless I buy a bundle. Don't think I requested this, it was on by default.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • glentoran99
    Options
    I have mine set where I cant be charged for anything outside my usual bill, a wee toggle box on the website,
  • joeypesci
    Options
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    I'm another person who has been with 3 for a long while and have my data capped so once I use my allowance, I can't use any more unless I buy a bundle. Don't think I requested this, it was on by default.

Yes, new accounts are capped by default, but they said because mine was set back in 2008, they never bothered to cap them then, unless you asked.

The new account starts 19th, so I've asked if they can cap the current one in case, for some odd reason I turned data back on. They said they couldn't because the account was so old. However, she had a think about it and set the account to not allow credit, so I can't owe any credit to Three. She said that will then disable any more data going over the cap until the 19th.
  • joeypesci
    Options
    Having done more testing I can confirm the My3 app doesn't work until you have data enabled. If you try it on WIFI it loads but you'll note it states "Last checked". If you then try to refresh it bring back the error "Check network connection". It only works when you have data connection.
  • glentoran99
    Options
    it doesn't use data from your allowance though
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    it's not supposed to doesn't use data from your allowance though

Tweaked based on OP's stated experience. :)
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Tweaked based on OP's stated experience. :)
    My3 will not cost you data on connection. But once the can is opened, the worms (aka background apps) will all go out...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure