IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Popla appeal rejected now had letter re: court

Options

Comments

• Schlingel
    Options
    I know I need to contact parking eye so they definitely know the retail park have asked for this to be cancelled. They have sent me an email from a no-reply email address so should I write another letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2017 at 9:53AM
    Options
    Schlingel wrote: »
    Ok so little update. I wrote a letter to parking eye just explaining the above re: Popla, and that because I wasn't given a fair chance to appeal I would not be paying the fine. I received an email from parking eye today telling me to pay the fine or I would be going to court- but hey it wasn't an official scary letter so maybe that's progress?!

Surprisingly the retail park got back to me and offered to get in touch with parking eye to cancel the ticket.

However I have since received this email from parking eye saying I will be taken to court. It's gone past the costs now, to be honest I would love give parking eye a metaphorical punch in the face, I just think the way the they operate is so unethical

Get your MP on board - today! MPs can have the clout you need.

The Retail park will be slapped back and told by PE that it is 'too late' to cancel, so that will get nowhere. Should have been the first thing you did, when you got the ticket (net time, always do a strong complaint to the retailer or Store manager in person, as the first step).

However, a tenacious MP might push it enough, because it is in fact NEVER too late for PE to cancel a PCN, and sometimes they will settle for £60.

Which retail park or retailer? If Aldi, PE never sue, if Morrisons (for example) they do. The fact they emailed doesn't mean they won't.

Can't stress enough, PE WILL NOT cancel for the retailer now. Also NEVER write letters to PE (proper email is = enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk)
    I know I need to contact parking eye so they definitely know the retail park have asked for this to be cancelled.
    Won't happen, not without your MP.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Schlingel
    Options
    It's mostyn champneys in Llandudno. It's difficult as I don't live there so it's not my local MP, but I guess I could try and google who that would be. Disappointed to hear parking eye won't listen to the retailer...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Not now they won't except maybe to offer to settle for about £60 - £80.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 5:58PM
    Options
    It's

It's difficult as I don't live there so it's not my local MP, but I guess I could try and google who that would be. Disappointed to hear parking eye won't listen to the retailer...

Defo tell the MP for Llandudno that this episode has dramatically
    blurred your image about Llandudno and you will not return

Also, as others have done, warn the public about this car park
    on Trip Advisor

Mostyn Champneys Retail Park

Some of the comments

Parking warning
    Parking fine >>>> although it's not a fine
    Xmas shopping scam
    Awful - beware parking scam
    Parking eye in operation - AVOID
  • Schlingel
    Options
    They've written offering to drop the payment to £50- should I just pay?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Up to you. This was your stance before:
    It's gone past the costs now, to be honest I would love give parking eye a metaphorical punch in the face, I just think the way the they operate is so unethical

So do you want to fight them in court, or make it go away? That's as low an offer as you are likely to get, but are you in fact happier to settle it at a hearing in a few months? You might win and pay nothing, but you might lose and pay about £175.
  • happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the most recent thread about this location, so just for info, this is now "managed" by cp plus, no longer parking eye.
    And their signs don't comply as the £100 charge is in the same small font as the rest of the terms.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is the most recent thread about this location, so just for info, this is now "managed" by cp plus, no longer parking eye.
    And their signs don't comply as the £100 charge is in the same small font as the rest of the terms.
    And I can't find any advertising consent for the signs!
  • happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Although I didn't measure them, they appear to be under 0.42sqm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts