Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Comments

• Cooper18 wrote: »
    Mine weren't the best attempt at packing I've ever seen, but they arrived in one piece. Wrapped in bubble wrap but floating loose in a huge box... I noticed a lot of awful packaging from Amazon over Christmas too (not like them in my experience) so wondered if places are too busy to bother, or hire in seasonal staff who are a bit clueless?!
    Looks like it's hit or miss with Play's packaging, yours sounds better but still their efforts are not good enough. Still don't think I can risk it again. Don't think I've ever had a problem with Amazon's packaging and I buy a lot from them :-)
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Picked up my click and collect at HOF today, it was packed really well in a ridiculously oversized box for 2 medium candles! The girl was pushing me to sign for it before she had even got the package out the back or I could check it but I stood my ground and told her i wanted to check it first.
    They had loads of the tarts and samplers, but only a few different scents - Christmas ones - only one candle left which was the Christmas tree one or something similar - loads of them left, cos it's not very nice!

Clintons had a good amount of tarts and samplers, again no bigger candles and lots of the same ones.

This was Lakeside Essex.
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • ELLA
    ELLA Posts: 784
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I went Into my local branch of bensons for beds and they had loads of yankee with 50% off. They has christmas boxes that were £22 half price and also lots of Christmas tea light holders again half price. This was a Christchurch Dorset branch.
  • juliebunny wrote: »
    Picked up my click and collect at HOF today, it was packed really well in a ridiculously oversized box for 2 medium candles! The girl was pushing me to sign for it before she had even got the package out the back or I could check it but I stood my ground and told her i wanted to check it first.
    They had loads of the tarts and samplers, but only a few different scents - Christmas ones - only one candle left which was the Christmas tree one or something similar - loads of them left, cos it's not very nice!

Clintons had a good amount of tarts and samplers, again no bigger candles and lots of the same ones.

This was Lakeside Essex.
    Thanks for letting us know. Will be picking up my click and collect order from Lakeside Essex HOF soon too.
  • teabythesea
    teabythesea Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    My Clintons had all the Christmas ones half price (Norwich, Chapelfield) bar CHRISTMAS cupcake and CHRISTMAS cookie...... Work that one out as you do lol.
  • juliebunny
    juliebunny Posts: 1,705
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My local clintons only had the samplers left in the Christmassy ones but they are now down to 45p in the 75% off sale!

Picked up 'a few' :p....
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • juliebunny wrote: »
    My local clintons only had the samplers left in the Christmassy ones but they are now down to 45p in the 75% off sale!

Picked up 'a few' :p....

I got a dozen samplers at 45p today including: snow in love, christmas cookie, cherries on snow, loves me loves me not, sicilian lemonade. There were about 12 fragrances reduced in tarts and samplers.
  • floella80
    floella80 Posts: 247
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I was lucky and managed to get a few Christmas sets at 75% off. So two medium Christmas candles for £6. Bargain when they are £16.99 per medium jar. :D They didn't have any smaplers though.
    Former Debt free wannabe. Now trying to save for a rainy day!
  • Cathy_Y
    Cathy_Y Posts: 9 Forumite
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Debenhams (Harrow branch) have a small selection of YC on sale. Christmas ones are 50%, mainly Christmas Cupcake in medium tumblers left - originally £15.99. A couple are 30% off which includes Pink Blush and Union Jack in the large jar - originally £19.99
  • MetalMand
    MetalMand Posts: 58 Forumite
    Clinton cards in Blackpool had some samplers for 38p each today
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family