DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Comments

• Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    evening all - update from me today. I got accepted on a fixed rate mortgage deal - sticking with my current lenders but on a new fixed term deal as the other one was just running out. I have been on a dmp for 2 years, my credit file is shot to hell (noddle score 1/5.... I don't think there is a 0/5!!) and my mortgage company is one of my creditors - credit card and o/d - although I have never missed or made a late payment on my mortgage. I was surprised and pleased.
    so in case that gives anyone else hope who has a mortgage and is on a dmp then I thought i'd share.
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    Karen777 wrote: »
    evening all - update from me today. I got accepted on a fixed rate mortgage deal - sticking with my current lenders but on a new fixed term deal as the other one was just running out. I have been on a dmp for 2 years, my credit file is shot to hell (noddle score 1/5.... I don't think there is a 0/5!!) and my mortgage company is one of my creditors - credit card and o/d - although I have never missed or made a late payment on my mortgage. I was surprised and pleased.
    so in case that gives anyone else hope who has a mortgage and is on a dmp then I thought i'd share.

Oh now I'm disappointed here I was thinking I hadn't quite hit rock bottom with noddle 1/5, I thought there was a further slip downwards to go:eek: the only way is up (baby):D.

Great news on the mortgage, especially interesting as you have DMP debts with the mortgage lender, defo useful and reassuring for others.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Forumite
    P
    Fanfare !!!! I got the letter in the post yesterday !!!!

:D:money::rotfl::cool::D

"Important Information about your Barclaycard account - Formal Demand"

GET IN !!

So next week will be my 4th month of tokens after leaving Stepchange and going self managed, so better than I hoped.

Letter still says they haven't decided if its going to a DCA or their own recovery team. I would expect the latter because my normal payment isn't far off the old minimum, but will be INTEREST FREE.

Woo Hoo

:T

I got my BC default letter this morning, don't we normally do defaults on a Saturday??? my normal payment isn't anywhere near the minimum but now it's interest free when I can go back to a higher repayment I'll be paying much more off. I'm hoping it will stay interest free but it doesn't appear to be going to a dca so I suppose it's likely BC might reinvoke interest later down the line.
    Thinking if that's the case I might need to go self managed, almost feel like I could do it now, but like Ali80 sometimes it all feels a bit much. Sorry to hear about the car Ali, hope it's fixable.

Don't spend so much time hiding under the duvet these days but there is a long way to go before I feel like I've joined the real world again.

DMP support no438.
  • Karen777 wrote: »

That’s great news Karen. We were in the same situation with Natwest and went through re-fixing last year, and got a better rate.
    Just a quick question... I’ve been checking noddle and noticed that one of our original creditors, Citi financial, are no where to be seen on the report. They passed the debt on to Moorgate, who are also not listed, and now its with IDEM who are on the file but no default listed just DM markers. Been on our DMP for 4 years so shouldn’t have ‘dropped off’. I’ve checked under the closed accounts link too. I was hoping to find an historical default. Any ideas where it could have gone or what I should do?
  • thebeaver
    thebeaver Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi All, loving the new thread smell ;)
    Had 2 letters today from lloyds on cc balance dated the same day. One saying due to lack of response they now require full payment (I've been in a DMP for over a year). The second saying they accept my new payment (that isn't new) and that they won't be charging interest. They have been charging it the last couple of months because my payment was more than 2% of the balance.
    Anyone ever had this?
    Thanks guys xx
    Original Debt in June 2014: £20,000
    Current debt: [STRIKE]£18,500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£17,800[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£15,000[/STRIKE] £7800
    DFD at current pace [STRIKE]June 2021[/STRIKE] Dec 2018
    DFD if I have my way: ASAP!
    Wish me luck!
  • It all gets easier as they recognise that they can't get blood out of a stone. Over 9 years on my DMP and i think they all stopped charging interest after the first 6 months and stopped the phone calls totally after 2 year. I pretty much get updates and statements.

Currently waiting for responses to 50% offers of F&F settlements
    Fingers crossed :)
    31st December 2004 - Debt was £128,596.72
    1st October 2016 - Debt Free
    12 years of Stepchange + PPI +F&F
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4862915
  • KrazyKel
    KrazyKel Posts: 492 Forumite
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    Oh now I'm disappointed here I was thinking I hadn't quite hit rock bottom with noddle 1/5, I thought there was a further slip downwards to go:eek: the only way is up (baby):D.

Great news on the mortgage, especially interesting as you have DMP debts with the mortgage lender, defo useful and reassuring for others.

Ohh I didnt know there wasnt a 0 on Noddle
    Ive just gone from a 1 to a 2/5 on there... and a score of 553... but dont know if any of them mean anything!

Pre DMP at the moment as haven't started ...yet... undecided :rotfl:
    Make £10 a day Challenge June - £170
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Nice to see a lovely, shiny new thread :D

Not much to say - I really just wanted to drop in and say hi to the regulars (TTFM, Sazzie, Puzz etc....you know who you are ;)) and how nice it is to see lots of new names.

Our DMP is going along nicely. I do worry our emergency fund is not building up - something always seems to come up.

Earlier this month a lovely relative sent me a gift of money and they wanted it to be a surprise so they put it straight into my bank account....this would be the Hellifax account they have had the details of for the last ten years....but is also the Hellifax account that is now part of our DMP:mad: I logged into Hellifax to check and the funds have very nicely reduced the outstanding balance...so although I didn't get any money to spend on myself (as was the givers intention) it has chipped away, very slightly, at one of our debts which did put a smile on my face :)

Our Noddle reports are now showing defaults for Nat West and RBS and hopefully next month will also show defaults for Hellifax (if they follow up the intentions outlined in their latest round of debt chasing letters anyway).

Take care everyone :beer:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • thebeaver
    thebeaver Posts: 11 Forumite

Currently waiting for responses to 50% offers of F&F settlements
    Fingers crossed :)

fingers and toes all crossed!
    Original Debt in June 2014: £20,000
    Current debt: [STRIKE]£18,500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£17,800[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£15,000[/STRIKE] £7800
    DFD at current pace [STRIKE]June 2021[/STRIKE] Dec 2018
    DFD if I have my way: ASAP!
    Wish me luck!
  • Sazzie23
    Forumite
    KrazyKel wrote: »
    Ohh I didnt know there wasnt a 0 on Noddle
    Ive just gone from a 1 to a 2/5 on there... and a score of 553... but dont know if any of them mean anything!

Pre DMP at the moment as haven't started ...yet... undecided :rotfl:

Wow what do you do do go up to 2/5? And pre DMP too, I suppose that shows how relevant it is :rotfl:

DMP support no438.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills