Appen Butler-Hill

Comments

• scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

I've been doing the Falcon ads for a few months now. There is a lot of information to read when you first start but I don't remember exactly how long it took me to go through it all, probably around 2-3 hours.

The test is pretty simple and a lot of it is common sense.

The qualification period isn't tough really, just do what they ask and you will be fine.

Make sure you raise a support ticket if you have any technical problems is the best advice I can give.

Good luck!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • lytton
    lytton Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks for the response. I got the rejection email this morning saying that I haven’t passed the qualification. I spent plenty of time reading the literature and had all the source material open at the time, making sure to follow the desired formats to the letter etc. Honestly I thought I couldn’t have done any better and it ‘seemed’ relatively straightforward so quite frustrated really. Naturally there is no opportunity for feedback. Oh well. Guess I’ll research similar roles with comparable services and try again.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Maybe they've changed the qualification, I did mine in October last year. You can keep all the training material open in another browser while you are doing the test if you need to refer back to it, I didn't mention that above as I thought it was obvious but apologies if not!

You could try to apply for a position with Arise if you want another work from home position, they are genuine and do pay but the rate isn't as good as Appen, but you can do more hours if you wish.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • wesleyad
    wesleyad Posts: 754 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would also add try for other positions if any are available. Some roles are just not meant to be, I've been with them 5 years and may struggle with some posts but excel in others. They are a pretty good company if you can get in the front door.
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    I applied to Appen in February, got the acknowledge of my application and CV within a few days, but not heard anything since. Just wondered how long others had to wait?
  • wesleyad
    I applied to Appen in February, got the acknowledge of my application and CV within a few days, but not heard anything since. Just wondered how long others had to wait?

They generally don't hire specifically for vacancies, but rather they have a pool of people they will contact when something comes up. So it's probably not the answer you were hoping for but it really could be anytime. I've had Lionbridge (a similar company I used to work for) contact me after 2 years.

If you are lucky a new project will open and they will need 10-20 people straight away and will contact you.
  • has anyone ever worked with Appen? I've recently just completed a little project with them basically having calls records between myself and a friend (4 calls for 15 minutes). seem straight forward and the system was great.

i haven't yet been paid but i did completed the calls only two days ago so cant really expect much really. they have just emails me about referral system and how I can make extra amount
    by getting others to sign up. its 20$ a sign up and the person who does the calls get 50$! which is nice for both of us.

main reason I'm asking about Appen is i don't what to sign someone up and it just a scam or they don't get paid.
    Credit cards - 8300 (Currently 2501.48), Loans - 21000 (Currently 12155.41), Other - 1300 (Currently 0 :T) Weight loss : 7st 2.3lbs
  • Robinette
    Robinette Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    jnrwrighty wrote: »
    main reason I'm asking about Appen is i don't what to sign someone up and it just a scam or they don't get paid.

I've worked on both the voice recognition project and the referrals and everybody has always been paid, albeit a little slowly sometimes.
  • I've been working for Appen as a freelancer for over a year now and the reason they seem slow to pay is because they pay only at certain times of the month - for accounting purposes. There are times when it's taken 3-4 weeks to be paid, maybe longer, but I have always been paid. In fact, I'm working with them now on a project.

They are reputable.
  • wesleyad
    Yeah if you do work for them on 1st of the month you might not see that in your bank until 15th of the next month as they pay (for most projects) for the entire month 2 weeks into the next. Been with them 5 years now, never had a problem.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback