Increase in number of phone calls.

Options
Afternoon peeps.

Has anybody else suddenly had a rise in calls on their mobile/comping phones in the last couple of days? My mobile hardly ever rings (I ain't that popular lol) but I've had 4 in the last 2 days.
Numbers are

08432891083 - some holiday firm called yesterday (CLC?) - blocked the number

08000319706 - might be the same place as above 'cos they said they'd ring me back around 5ish, and this came up.

And today I've had -

07513 610348 - which is another one of those automated 'you've won either an ipad or £500' aaarrrrghhhhhhh!!!

And just now -

08452863089 - which I can't find any info on. Someone please enlightened me, Ta.

Anyway, it's getting annoying. Anybody else getting them as constantly as me? (a winning call would be spiffing btw)

Be Lucky
BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j

Comments

• Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't.

A lot of competitions have the phone number as an optional entry and not required, so I don't tend to fill it in.

I also look closely for tick boxes and make sure I'm not signing up for marketing or anything.

You can also join the TPS for free which usually stops or helps stop unwanted calls.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ms_Dee wrote: »
    I haven't.

A lot of competitions have the phone number as an optional entry and not required, so I don't tend to fill it in.

I also look closely for tick boxes and make sure I'm not signing up for marketing or anything.

You can also join the TPS for free which usually stops or helps stop unwanted calls.

Hiya.

I do that as well with the tick boxes, and I don't fill the number bit in unless I have to. It's like they've just picked on me for some reason.
    It's even more annoying the one that goes 'ipad/£500' 'cos every time I block the number, they call from a different one.
    I hope they get bored eventually.:)
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you entered this one they could be related to it

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5521722
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps.

Has anybody else suddenly had a rise in calls on their mobile/comping phones in the last couple of days? My mobile hardly ever rings (I ain't that popular lol) but I've had 4 in the last 2 days.
    Numbers are

08432891083 - some holiday firm called yesterday (CLC?) - blocked the number

08000319706 - might be the same place as above 'cos they said they'd ring me back around 5ish, and this came up.

And today I've had -

07513 610348 - which is another one of those automated 'you've won either an ipad or £500' aaarrrrghhhhhhh!!!

And just now -

08452863089 - which I can't find any info on. Someone please enlightened me, Ta.

Anyway, it's getting annoying. Anybody else getting them as constantly as me? (a winning call would be spiffing btw)

Be Lucky

Yes, I've been getting loads recently including the ones you mention but not the 0845. BUT, I've been getting them on a phone that I don't use for comping, only had a couple on my comping phone.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I've been getting loads recently including the ones you mention but not the 0845. BUT, I've been getting them on a phone that I don't use for comping, only had a couple on my comping phone.

Hiya

Just had an 0207 one, which was that CLC company, Told them I wasn't interested and he was quite incredulous that I wasn't interested in a massive discount.
    That's 3 that I know of for that company, wonder how many more there is?

• lottie_19
    Options
    I've had call today from 0845 286 3089.
    It was result of me entering Immediate Media competition. They offered me 12 issues of Radio Times for a single payment of £1.
    Wins since June 2016:
    Renshaw icing bundle, Finding Dory Game, kid's book, Vitamin D supplement, Zombie book, Gluten-free hamper, £50 Bon Marche voucher, £100 Morrisons voucher, Friendship book, £3 worth of Babybel cheese, craft fair tickets, more craft tickets,chess book Lavender toiletries, tickets to concert and pack of wool.
    :j
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the first two are CLC which seem to be linked to a survey
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing