IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

To pay or not to pay? PCN NW LTD

Hi all,

I realise this has probably been done to death. But I was slightly alarmed today to find a 'parking charge notice' of 90 quis stuck on my window when parked on the edge of a drive way access to JTF Delivery business unit on an industrial estate in Fulwood.

As far as I recall there were no yellow lines, no notices, no nothing. Yet the notice claims I have contravened code 08 'no parking at any time'.

I've not really dealt with this before and don''t know whether this is enforceable or not. From what I read I should make no reply at all and just ignore all contact. But being abit unsure some reassurance would not go amiss.

Any thoughts would be most gratefully accepted.

Best, SD

Comments

• google it... i did....
    you will get your answers there.
    as you state this has been done to death.

in the nicest possible way i meant that....
    marry xmas...
    i meant merry xmas.
    soz to many after work beers
    credit card bill. £0.00
    overdraft £0.00
    Help from the state £0.00
  • Thanks, yeah I did google it and thats how i ended up here.

Is it worth trying to contact the police in the area?

Anyone have any specific experience of this pcn nw ltd company?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ste_d43 wrote: »
    Is it worth trying to contact the police in the area?
    In a word - no. They'll just palm you off and say it's a civil matter.
    Anyone have any specific experience of this pcn nw ltd company?
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+site:pepipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo

Do not pay, do not contact (you'll just get a letter back saying appeal rejected, pay up and they'll hassle you all the more), and ignore ignore ignore. Only thing not to ignore is court papers, but since that won't happen you'll be fine.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    anewman wrote: »
    In a word - no. They'll just palm you off and say it's a civil matter.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=+site:pepipoo.com+pcn+nw+pepipoo

Do not pay, do not contact (you'll just get a letter back saying appeal rejected, pay up and they'll hassle you all the more), and ignore ignore ignore. Only thing not to ignore is court papers, but since that won't happen you'll be fine.

Exactly what anewman said.

completely ignore everything they send you.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • anewman
    Forumite
    Oh and just to save you worrying when you get them, the next letters will be from Generic Debt Collections Ltd (or similar business name) from the desk opposite the PCN NW one in the same office. The aim of this is to scare you into paying, but basically they have no powers whatsoever and the ignore ignore ignore rule still applies for those.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read the stickies at the top of the forum, showing typical threatograms from debt collectors that you just need to ignore because the whole generic parking industry are cowboys.

The top stickies also include a link to Watchdog this year, with a solicitor showing Anne Robinson how to make a paper aeroplane from a PPC bogus PCN (for it is bogus).

Here's the current board with stickies at the top plus LOADS of threads just like yours:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Don't worry about it, join the club and ignore a PPC for Christmas. Nothing will happen at all to you, no Court, no CCJ, no effect on your credit rating at all. :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ok, thanks for your responses folks...i shall bite my tongue, not rise to their baiting fine tickets and under no circumstances contact them

about time the police clamped down on this sort of behaviour to my mind
  • anewman
    Forumite
    about time the police clamped down on this sort of behaviour to my mind
    Bear in mind much worse things happen, such as in the recent thread on clampers deregistering vehicles the same day they clamped and towed them and selling them on, with both the Police and DVLA refusing to take any action whatsoever, and the car owner given no opportunity to pay a clamp release and tow fee. They're clearly just stealing the cars to make money and getting away with daylight robbery because they're licensed clampers.
  • ste_d43
    ste_d43 Posts: 5 Forumite
    quick update,

i had a further letter from pcn nw doubling my 'fine', ignored this

now i've had a letter off moorcroft debt recovery asking me to stump up

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense, or shall i just put it down to a bad dream and if i ignore it for long enough it will go away?

such a tedious waste of everyones time...
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

is it worth going to see the CAB about all this nonsense,
    Definitely not, CAB are pretty clueless with regard to private parking tickets. They tend to view them as akin to council PCN's and nearly always advise to pay up. Just keep ignoring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure