LoanPal *BEWARE*

Comments

• Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Apples2 wrote: »
    I'm sure nikibob is relieved now having been waiting for that post since march

He's no Tixy for response time!
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    He's no Tixy for response time!

You wouldn't let it lie.......
  • bigadaj wrote: »
    You wouldn't let it lie.......
    Doing a Tixy is now an accepted euphemism for speed of action.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • I am sorry if anyone has been scammed, but LOANPAL??? :rotfl: That has to be the dumbest name ever, for a loan company!
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Doing a Tixy is now an accepted euphemism for speed of action.

Apologies, I thought it was just a pop at apples.

So presumably quotes like 'your love making is tixy like' could now be adopted?
  • Halo-Hayley
    Halo-Hayley Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 February 2014 at 2:48PM
    I have just been 'scammed' by loan-pal,,,, I had a cold call form them which said they could get a loan for me, she took my card details-stupid I am- and when I asked Why she needed my security number from the back of my card she said it was 'just to confirm my identity'
    She sent me a text to click into an account that was not registered in my name.

Unfortunately I was Scammed!!!

Unfortunately that wasn't why- Loan-pal.co.uk debited £89.50 from my account.
    Unfortunately this apparently IS NOT fraud?.

Unfortunately I probably won't get my money back.

This Has Got To Stop
  • If anyone knows of anything I can do to get that 89.50 back ,,, which is a hell of a lot of money for a phone call ! I would be very grateful.

The website also had a link to a company called moneywarehouse which unawares I filled out the application form,,, ( the application form popped up FIRST , NOT the homepage where it states the fee ) where they again debited 39 pounds from my card, I have cancelled my debit card so nothing more can be taken but this is IMMORAL and totally wrong and now am over 100 pounds down this month from ONE AWFUL PHONECALL
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If anyone knows of anything I can do to get that 89.50 back ,,, which is a hell of a lot of money for a phone call ! I would be very grateful.

The website also had a link to a company called moneywarehouse which unawares I filled out the application form,,, ( the application form popped up FIRST , NOT the homepage where it states the fee ) where they again debited 39 pounds from my card, I have cancelled my debit card so nothing more can be taken but this is IMMORAL and totally wrong and now am over 100 pounds down this month from ONE AWFUL PHONECALL

Hayley, were you scammed though ? You gave your card details to a cold caller, they could have been anyone.

Cancelling the card might not even help.

So who took the money or how many debits have occured ?

Have 2 payments been taken ? A £39 and an £89.50 ?

To get a refund you need to read the T&C's for each 1 that took the money, it will mostly require writing to them and send recorded, its already been mentioned on this thread I believe what to get your money back.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    If anyone knows of anything I can do to get that 89.50 back ,,, which is a hell of a lot of money for a phone call ! I would be very grateful.
    You could read the thread you have posted on, just up a little bit, you must have scrolled past it to write your post.
    I had a cold call form them which said they could get a loan for me,
    Nobody is going to ring you out of the blue and make your life any better, every cold call you receive is trying to get money out of you. Even those courtesy calls from your mobile/insurance providers, they are thinly guiled attempts to get you to pay more, sign up for longer etc.
    You can get a full refund, all you have to do is follow the correct procedure, the money is waiting for you to take back.
    This Has Got To Stop
    As long as people continue to give free access into their bank account to a complete stranger who has called out of the blue, it will never stop.
    You should think yourself lucky, this voice on the phone could have emptied your account, because you gave him permission to do so (which is why it isn't fraud).
  • I have just been 'scammed' by loan-pal,,,, I had a cold call form them which said they could get a loan for me, she took my card details-stupid I am- and when I asked Why she needed my security number from the back of my card she said it was 'just to confirm my identity'
    She sent me a text to click into an account that was not registered in my name.

Unfortunately I was Scammed!!!

Unfortunately that wasn't why- Loan-pal.co.uk debited £89.50 from my account.
    Unfortunately this apparently IS NOT fraud?.

This Has Got To Stop

You freely gave out your card details. What exactly were you expecting to happen?

By the sounds of it the company have been underhand in their dealings but you're the one who chose to freely give your card details.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure