Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• Tired_Mom
    Tired_Mom Posts: 670 Forumite
    ScattyJan wrote: »
    Thanks everyone and thanks to Dawnteabag for the advice on setting the challenge:)
    Ok here goes

The card challenge will end on Weds 26th May, with a random picked winner out of a hat.

The theme for this card is anything musical - not as in a musical (well it could be) - anything from a guitar to a dancer , music note blah blah
    I hope this is ok if similar has been done I can change it just let me know
    I was going to do the world cup:) but I thought you wouldnt speak to me anymore
    xx:rotfl:
    I hope Ive made enough sense there

Scatty you are a star. A close friend is 40 next week and I have been racking my brains for her card as she's not into pretty, cute etc. However your card has just reminded me that she loves music and plays every week in an orchestra, bingo. Now I just need to add musical theme to my wedding search as well, me thinks a special trip somewhere maybe in order.

By the way sorry if it starts raining I have just hung my washing out.

X
  • ScattyJan
    ScattyJan Posts: 535 Forumite
    Brill, glad the challenge is ok
    xx
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Great theme for a challenge Scatty - no idea what I'm going to do - don't think I have a singing bear image - back in about a week once I've checked :rotfl::rotfl:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Crafty_JuJu
    Crafty_JuJu Posts: 703 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2010 at 12:23PM
    Thanks everyone and thanks to Dawnteabag for the advice on setting the challenge:)
    Ok here goes

The card challenge will end on Weds 26th May, with a random picked winner out of a hat.

The theme for this card is anything musical - not as in a musical (well it could be) - anything from a guitar to a dancer , music note blah blah
    I hope this is ok if similar has been done I can change it just let me know
    I was going to do the world cup:) but I thought you wouldnt speak to me anymore
    xx:rotfl:
    I hope Ive made enough sense there

Great Challange :T I'll have a go at that next week :) x

ChocOrange - Yes of cause I can make you one too, I'm sure I have enough :) I'll try & get them both done tomo for you & lei x

:T:T:TCongratulations....... :T:T:T :rotfl::rotfl:
    :wave:Hi, I have a passion for crafting.......I'm always up to something :rotfl::rotfl:

:j I have found the key to weight loss.....ZUMBA :j
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Sally any chance of putting your Sweet Potato Soup over on CP? I've got my veggie girls coming to stay soon so this will be handy.

The gorgeous cake recipes are under 'Anything Crafty' so a soup one will be great.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Sorry been a bit awol again but just had to pop on and send hugs to those who need them, congrats to those who have won anything and also big thanks for all of my cards, posty is threatening to stop delivering my post!! ....

I can't remember who I have thanked and who I haven't but I know I have a whole heap full that I need to put on the blog!!

So thankyou to those who have arrived in last 2-3 days....
    Tired mom for the beautiful carrd, love the flowers!!
    Jowri - Thankyou very fresh bright and zingy! absolutely beautiful
    & Son - Thankyou, your dragon card is absolutely fabulous, your mum needs to be careful as she has competition!!
    DTB - Beautiful card, still trying to make lemonade but it is still a tad mushy!!
    Niki - Beautiful card, love the way you have done the ribbon!!
    Emmabo - love the clipboard! how fab! beautiful card
    Ali-B - :rotfl: love this card, and so did the ladies from helping hands who tried to steal it :eek:
    PONR - Beautiful colour, I love the backing paper and also the spotty flowers!! the lace is beautiful aswell.
    Mary - (Not sure if you post under this name still?) beautiful card love the purples and the flowers and also the vase with the flower.
    Lei - Beautiful card, Fab, bright and zingy!! love that image aswell, thankyou!
    Bunbun - my beautiful card and my fab flowers!! for anyone who wants to see what my flowers looked like then click here

right that is me done for the day again I think, I just want to go back to sleep! having a bad day again, not helped by catching DS up playing on his Xbox at 5:57am this morning!!! even though he has blackout curtains he still rises early, spent £30 on a clock to tell him that he had to try to go back to sleep until his clock went off but that doesn't even work!! to be fair to him though he was already dressed and ready for school :o
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mumoffour77
    mumoffour77 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Can i ask.....what is CP?

Oh Rusty re your DS.....I used to have that problem too....and my DS done the same thing...he had his school uniform on ready for school....but up at 4am playing xbox!!!.......I had to take the xbox out of his room...so that the rest of the house could get some sleep!! He wasnt happy and couldnt understand why i was cross......because he "in his mindset" was doing no wrong....ready for school, bag packed, teeth brushed and breakfasted!!....took forever to sink in that the rest of the house needed sleep and him playing the xbox woke us all up!!
    :jIm going to be frugal:j
    :DIm going to be frugal:D
    ;)Im going to be frugal;)
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................:rotfl:
  • Tired_Mom
    Tired_Mom Posts: 670 Forumite
    Mumoffour - It's crafty place.

X
  • lei_armstrong
    lei_armstrong Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Rusty - glad you liked the card it was a bit out of my comfort zone but I was pleased with the final look (photo over on my blog now if anyone wants to have a nosy).
    Thankyou :) I can make you one if you'd like, just let me know& I'll get on making it for you :)

Just replied to you on Facebook - thank you you're a star! It'll look fab on my grey handbag :D It sold too quick for me to see the price so let me know how much you want x
    Ok here goes

Ooh thanks for the challenge - i've just brought the new Rockstar Manga and have a fab Tim Holtz mask which will be perfect! x
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    jowri wrote: »
    congratulations SCATTYJAN, RUSTY AND CHOCCY

I've been doing dads book and printing off loads of pictures and my bedroom is like a tip with craft stuff everywhere, just need to find some images of darts and darts boards and white vans now and I can compile it, I just hope it turns out like the inage in my mind lol,

I was advised against getting the nellie punches and got the martha stuart one instead, by the sounds of it a good bit of advice ,
    take care Jo

jowri do you have a link to the martha stewart ones? fancy getting one of those instead but have never come accross them before :) thanks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure