Heads Up on annoying sales call

Options
2»

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If continues , tell them to hang on , put phone on table and get a drink , waste their time, if I don't recognise the number I let it go to voicemail , if important will leave a message.

Rare as they are, if it's a call and move on winning call they don't leave messages.
  • shelley3281
    Options
    this numbers phoned me every day for the past 4 days..really annoying...and i dont remember entering any blinds comps...some bad company is selling on our details...tut tut
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Another phone call today to THANK ME for entering the competition and to say i never won, I said i never gave permission for them to use my details they said it was a thank you call for entering the competition. Is this worth reporting to TPS?
    Jan Wins: .
  • VitaFortunato
    Options
    Is this worth reporting to TPS?

I think - although I could be wrong - that if you have willingly given your number to someone then there's not much TPS can or will do. Worth checking out though.
  • Compingfairy
    Options
    Had a few calls according to my partner in the last few days from similar people asking for me, although I haven't been in. Today I had one from a blind company associated with a Laura Ashley room makeover I entered that although I didn't win I got a voucher for £250 (I think if I spend £1000 haha) although wasn't pushy when I said I was broke too. And now this one just plays music and then goes quiet.
    Started comping 7/12/15
    Prize fund 2015: £55.89
    Prize fund 2016: £679.76
    Prize Fund 2017: £51.94
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think - although I could be wrong - that if you have willingly given your number to someone then there's not much TPS can or will do. Worth checking out though.

generally if you agree to being contacted there is nothing the TPS can do , if you haven't the they can get involved
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • gooner18
    gooner18 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Just took a call from them before the bloke could offer me the runner up prize of 10% I told him what he was going to say.I then told him to pester someone else very annoying I doubt anybody won the free blinds!
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gooner18 wrote: »
    Just took a call from them before the bloke could offer me the runner up prize of 10% I told him what he was going to say.I then told him to pester someone else very annoying I doubt anybody won the free blinds!

I would be very surprised if there was not a real winner as the prize value is also tax deductible for them.

This is very cheap advertising/lead gathering and gets them loads of numbers of people who would consider blinds as they have entered a competition to win some. It costs money just to buy lists of live e-mail addresses that have consented to be contacted, it costs more for live phone numbers and much more again if they fit a particular profile - almost certainly works out far cheaper for them to give a set of blinds away than buy the lists.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure