Would the CSA take my heavy goods?

I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• I've tried every way possible of seeing my son but she makes it impossible by moving and ignoring all messages I send....

I will continue to pay when I'm in a better position of affordability.
  • Why don't you pay your child support?
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You don't intend to pay anything to support your children for the next 2 years.

Who are you expecting to pay for your childrens then?
  • Why would I want to pay my ex 40% of my wage when she hasn't allowed me to be a part of his life for the last 7 years.....

If I can't play Dad I'm not paying To be Dad it's as simple as that!!

Why do people think it's ok to force fathers to pay for there kids when the mothers have no intention of letting them play there roll! I'm guessing you are both in female who replied.

Also I pay 1000 tax income a month before you try saying you pay for the child benefit.

No access no money I don't I've 2 f"""s what the law says.

Starve 2 kids in that live with me to feed 1 that doesn't even need my money.
  • The day we split she stopped all access and kept relocating. She had another child with someone else and did exactly the same to him.

3 kids 3 dads 2 without access and 2 CSA claims.

She wants putting in prison for fraud and you ask why I'm not paying??????????
  • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Posts: 595 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2017 at 9:54PM
    You're not making any sense. In your original post you said you were going to pay in 2 years time but in your later posts you state your not going to pay. Anyway, you asked if they could take your driving licence away and the answer is probably not, so you're OK, you can continue to work and still not support your children if that's what your worried about. Although I'm surprised you haven't been the subject of an attachment to your earnings.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm currently in 8k of arrears I've paid my ex around 5k but refuse to correspond with the CSA for time being. I have 2 little kids that I'm trying to get out of a council flat and my ex will never let me see my first born. She's refusing me access I'm refusing my money and yes I know it's 2 totally different things before I get people calling me dead beat I'm far from it.

My only worry is they can take your drivers license... do you think they would take my heavy goods? There not going to make a doctor jobless by taking his job away so how can they mine??

I plan on paying what I owe one day if she doesn't cancel the claim but that right now I'm working to get things in place for when the time is right. I haven't paid anything for 12 months and won't be for another 2 years or so.

Thanks for any replies.
    The day we split she stopped all access and kept relocating. She had another child with someone else and did exactly the same to him.

3 kids 3 dads 2 without access and 2 CSA claims.

She wants putting in prison for fraud and you ask why I'm not paying??????????
    How has she got 3 kids to 3 dads, if you're the father of 2 of them?
  • She has had a third child in a new relationship.... I have one child with her.

As for the attachment of earnings they have done it when I've worked permanent. I gave it 12 months of paying 200 a week and messag d her daily saying I want to see my son if I don't I'm going to job hop...

I would of gone through the courts but I can't afford £220 per hour legal fees.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    My ex never paid anything for his daughter. I went through CSA but he kept giving up his job as soon as they caught up with him. However I never stopped him seeing her, he had her to stay half the holidays, etc etc. Had he put just £5 a week into a savings account for her, then she'd have had a nice little amount to go to uni with, but he didn't even do that.

I see no reason why you couldnt do that for your child - you seem to think that it is penalising the mother by not paying. In the long-term you are penalising the child. Some father you are!
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    jondav wrote: »
    I agree with the majority of this post except that last few words - double standards? What kind of a mother keeps their baby away from it's Father? And multiple fathers at that! These things work both ways!
    Edited to add: I have read your post and understand that your ex didn't bother to try and see his children which is terrible, but that is not always the case.

Not quite sure if this was all aimed at me. My ex did see his daughter, but only because I pushed it and made the arrangements (often dropping her off myself - it was a long drive). The thing is, with both my ex and the OP's ex, you have to maintain the high ground. Despite no financial help from him when she was growing up, I bit my tongue regarding money, leaving that to the CSA who were spectacularly unsuccessful.

You have to realise that this is about the child. If you pay money to your ex and it means that your child can now go on school trips that were unattainable before, or have a parent who isn't continually worried about paying the bills because she has a little cushion of money. If the mother doesnt let you see the child, then you will need to cut back and save like mad to enable you to go to court. It depends on how much you want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure