Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Options

Comments

• Ilovemoneysaving
    Options
    Checked in on Monday for our flight on Wednesday, went for the free allocated seat option. Seats allocated were row 5 D & E these came with priority boarding for free! I was really surprised and checked with the cabin crew who confirmed this is the case. My outbound flight I checked in as soon as I could 7 days before and was given row 18 A & B, so it would seem that the seats are allocated from the middle to the front and back.
    Will see next week when I try again, this time being able to check in for both flights at the same time.
    Boarding and queuing seem more relaxed with allocated seating and quicker.
  • joeno
    joeno Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I just checked in for my flight next week & chose a free allocated seat, I got seat 14A, a window seat.
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CCFC_80 wrote: »
    Now won't be paying O'leary's £20.00 fee for allocated seating on return trip. Have done some research and found an internet cafe with printing facilities about a 2 minute walk from our hotel. Didn't really want the hassle on holiday of doing this but now seems a better option then putting the £20.00 back into O'leary's coffers.

Always a big fan of Ryanair and won't say that I will never use them again in the future but will be giving them a bit of a wide birth now due to this.

You won't be the only one after this.

Seriously bad thinking from Ryanair.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Checked in on Monday for our flight on Wednesday, went for the free allocated seat option. Seats allocated were row 5 D & E these came with priority boarding for free! I was really surprised and checked with the cabin crew who confirmed this is the case. My outbound flight I checked in as soon as I could 7 days before and was given row 18 A & B, so it would seem that the seats are allocated from the middle to the front and back.
    Will see next week when I try again, this time being able to check in for both flights at the same time.
    Boarding and queuing seem more relaxed with allocated seating and quicker.

Don't understand as why's that. Everyone in the end will be giving an allocated seat or a random allocated seat
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    Don't understand as why's that. Everyone in the end will be giving an allocated seat or a random allocated seat
    Because you already have your seat allocated to you, there is less rush to run on first and bagsie the best seat, tempers will be a lot less stressed out too.
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    Because you already have your seat allocated to you, there is less rush to run on first and bagsie the best seat, tempers will be a lot less stressed out too.

Sorry Yes, completely misunderstood the previous posters point.
    Incidentally, with the random allocation of seats for our outgoing flight we have been given a window & middle seat together in the rear of the plane so quite happy with that. We wait and see what we will be given for the return journey.
  • zaksmum
    Options
    if you're not bothered about sitting together or where in the plane you will be seated then definitely refuse to pay the seat allocation charge!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Now won't be paying O'leary's £20.00 fee for allocated seating on return trip. Have done some research and found an internet cafe with printing facilities about a 2 minute walk from our hotel. Didn't really want the hassle on holiday of doing this but now seems a better option then putting the £20.00 back into O'leary's coffers.

Always a big fan of Ryanair and won't say that I will never use them again in the future but will be giving them a bit of a wide birth now due to this.

So you're giving them a wide berth because you spent two minutes of your life saving £20 ?:rotfl:
  • zaksmum
    Options
    So you're giving them a wide berth because you spent two minutes of your life saving £20 ?:rotfl:

Have you ever heard the expression "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"??
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If that's your motto then obviously you'll use Ryanair again if they present the cheapest option. Or do you also follow the motto of cutting off your nose to spite your face?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure