Economy Energy, who are they?

Comments

• Oh right - so now I'm promoting the company?! - Brilliant.

Well, actually, I suppose yes in a way I am.

Is that so bad?! Can I not share my opinion with all of you? You've all been doing it!
  • Not entirely sure how what I said, or even, how I said it may have antagonized anyone, but each to their own. I am a genuine, happy customer and I'm satisfied with their services.

Good for you

I know I've been making a huge saving by staying put with this company. Considering near enough everyone on this forum has been slating the company I thought I'd show that I am a satisfied customer.

Congratulations on the saving. As has been mentioned this is a money saving forum - there are 14 different supply regions in the UK, many different meter types and infinite combinations of consumption; what's cheapest for you isn't cheapest for everyone.

Oh, and, last time I checked - pre payment meters don't require you to provide your bank details for any payments. If they do ask for this information - then yes, you're probably being scammed! :T

Not sure what point you're making here. If you're trying to suggest any other reputable company would ask for bank details when they consume energy via a PPM you're miles off

Welcome to the forum :beer:
  • Oh right - so now I'm promoting the company?! - Brilliant.

I'm not sure...

Well, actually, I suppose yes in a way I am.

I am now!

Is that so bad?!

Yes

Employee alert!
  • The correct advice on this forum is both obvious and repetitive - enter your consumption details in KWh into a price comparison site. Find cheapest result. Use cashback site for switching process.
    Except that Ebico have the fairest tariffs and don't pay to be included on these sites.
  • Except that Ebico have the fairest tariffs and don't pay to be included on these sites.

Liar. I just did a uSwitch search - Ebico were there.

Price comparison sites list all tariffs, fanboys for certain companies can wail all they like.

Aren't you the one who lives in emergency credit on a PPM anyway? One should sort one's own affairs before giving nonsense advice.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 August 2013 at 6:47PM
    Not at all - I just heard from a friend that the company i was with had a lot of bad reviews, I thought I'd share my opinion. So now I have put my opinion across, just like all of you guys, I have been asked if I am a part of their company - which really isn't the case. Play fair.
    I wasn't shocked when I received my key and when they took over my supply
    Economy Energy are a good company - just because they are relatively small and you've never heard of them, doesn't mean they are awful. Everyone starts somewhere - remember that!
    - thanks for that, apart from the fact that you are on a key meter, your domestic energy supplied by economy energy
    - its reassuring to know that other than as a consumer you have no other affiliation with any of economy energy company

Its not newbies we don't like, for myself, I do wonder why promoting a company 'direct selling' in the 'accost them in the street - using Del boy - double glazing and time share sales tactics - to a target market of the unemployed and fuel poor at a rate 25% higher like for like than others in the market place seems such a good idea on a site called Money Saving Expert.

You are correct about one thing clevergirl498, every one more single post gets the opinions writ large here in this thread 'bumped up' the Google rankings to be more easily found by the unwary who may because of the pressure put on them in the street be bamboozled into signing. Continued posting keeps the thread high up the hits list.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    clevergirl498 - I wonder if you would post how much they charge?

Third time lucky?
  • I've just signed with them, now I'm panicking, should I get in touch with my existing supplier and tell them not to swap???
  • I guess I am stuck with expensive electric for 12 months then. Sigh.
    Non-smoker since 05/08/2012
  • Wywth wrote: »
    clevergirl498 - I wonder if you would post how much they charge?

Third time lucky?

I posted how much they charge. 15 or so pence pwh or whatever.

Seems thats expensive :(
    Non-smoker since 05/08/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family