Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 11 August 2015 at 3:08PM
    Edited out as I someone has pointed out to me TCB have the offer on site already
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi @B_M and @sillygoose,

@B_M – I have double checked this and can confirm we are registered number 476080 and are registered as a Introducer A.R. which means we are an introducer to authorised firms rather than anything more than that. Also I can confirm although we are registered we are not regulated. As I am sure you can appreciate we are not a discounter of goods and neither are we a site that runs off voucher codes. Instead we are a commission site - we earn money from commission. As we are a cashback site we pass all of this money goes to our members. This is the system that is in place for all cashback sites and this will remain for the foreseeable. I can see we only have one review for ‘WeSwap’ and I do believe this mentioned a competitor which is why it cannot be displayed.

@Sillygoose – I am truly sorry about this. We are speaking to our Marketing Team about this and hope to resolve these emails slipping through. If you could kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will certainly look into your account and see if there is anything there that can help us sort out this issue for you.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite

However, in the large majority of situations it does mean that the merchant has paid the cashback. The merchant itself is not In charge of tracking who the transaction has come from – this is down to the cashback network. The Network will see who this went to but due to confidentially we are not given this information.
    Matt

Cashback can be declined even though it has tracked through TCB and then the merchant will claim it was paid to someone else (another referral) - off course as this is hidden behind data protection, that also leaves it open to abuse.

Conversly if other 'marketing channels' recieve money that should be going to TCB, I imagine that money flows your way that should be attributed to another referrer too? Mis-directed payments cannot be one way traffic. I assume therefore that TCB recieves payments that cannot be attributed to a member click through for the same reason?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Matt, the introducer license goes back to around 2007 I believe. Things may have moved on since then? I'll have more time next week and I'll check up with the FOS guy.
    That one review would have been mine then Matt and it mentioned Quidco. Censored for mentioning Quidco on tcb? I thought that was allowed?
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/quidco
    It's a funny old game? Please re-instate my review, it was a positive review and rated 5*. I'll post a review here anyway, once fully settled.
    bxboards wrote: »
    Cashback can be declined even though it has tracked through TCB and then the merchant will claim it was paid to someone else (another referral) - off course as this is hidden behind data protection, that also leaves it open to abuse.

Conversly if other 'marketing channels' recieve money that should be going to TCB, I imagine that money flows your way that should be attributed to another referrer too? Mis-directed payments cannot be one way traffic. I assume therefore that TCB recieves payments that cannot be attributed to a member click through for the same reason?

bxboards - too right about the abuse. You're right and it must work both ways. Luckily the Ombudsman can get the answers and of course levy penalties. Let them be your friend. The merchants or cashback sites can claim as many times as they like that the money has been paid and the Ombudsman will agree, they can pay who they like, but they still need to pay the purchaser. Of course, there is a chance of administration errors and that's why they must be allowed time to investigate complaints. To put things right of course.
    The merchants should also have the chance to investigate any potential abuse. Where money is involved, there will always be skullduggery at some level. They could be receiving negative reviews and be totally innocent. I've had some terrific customer service from some financial companies when investigating my complaints and they have put their hands up, apologised, corrected issues and given compensation. On the other side, the dodgy merchants make it hard and some even force your hand and leave little choice other than to get the FOS involved.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • We finally have movement on simply switch it has now gone to confirmed, hopefully it don't take another 8 months to reach payable.
    Hi @bxboards and @B_M

@bxboards – With any cashback site it could mean that we are recognised as the last referrer for a purchase rather than another site. However, if the member believes that they are eligible for the cashback and we can see we have been paid for it we will of course award them the cashback.

@B_M - For any review whether positive or negative there has always been a rule in place that any mention of another website will mean the review will not show. For example, if you post a really positive review for merchant A and say they are better than merchant B we cannot approve this I am afraid. If you re-submit your review and not use a competitors name I am sure it will be approved.

I hope this helps you both.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Hi @legendkiller2k8,

I am glad that your transaction has been confirmed and I do hope it doesn't take too long now for the merchant to go back through and pay for your transaction.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • Top-ranking_Bug
    Top-ranking_Bug Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 August 2015 at 12:55PM
    I wanted to change mobile phone providers as O2 (with whom I have been for the past 12 years) only provide 2G signal here and that is frequently not available!

So after much research I decided on EE. Then I realised that I could get cashback so I joined TopCashBack for that specific purchase.

I had a conversation on line with an EE rep about various options, and when she asked if I wanted to sign up there and then, I told her I wanted to go to an EE shop first to physically see, touch and play with the various phone models (and try them in my pocket for size and weight!).

That done I went back on line and ordered my phone and package without any assistance from an on-line consultant or any phone calls etc.

Within days TopCashBack was showing that I was due for the cashback. Then a few weeks later, I was told it had been rejected. I lodged a claim, and have been chasing it ever since. The last time was acknowledged on 8 August 2015.

"Your missing cashback claim for EE Mobile Contracts has been updated.
    You don't need to do anything at this point, but if you like you can log into your account and view your claim for more information."

This is 4 months of waiting. Soooooo hacked off!
    I incurred the debt, I repaid the debt - all of it!:o DMP started with CCCS 20/07/2007 Was £32,735. Paid off all my creditors (June 2013) 7 yrs ahead of original DFD.
    PPI claims won against Barclays x 2/ Egg x 1/ LV x . PPI claims rejected and then upheld Barclays/Egg x 2

• Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Digital_2012 – I am sorry to say I haven’t got your email :( Could you kindly send in a Support Ticket? If you put within there that you got in touch on MSE if a member of staff needs any help they will give me a shout. All you have to do to lodge a support ticket is click on "Account" at the top right hand side of the screen, then "Customer Care" on the grey navigation bar and finally "Submit support ticket".

@BartyBoy – As this reason has been given, without knowing who the last referrer was for definite I can’t say that this was paid as it may have been an internal referrer such as their own website.

However, in the large majority of situations it does mean that the merchant has paid the cashback. The merchant itself is not In charge of tracking who the transaction has come from – this is down to the cashback network. The Network will see who this went to but due to confidentially we are not given this information.

I certainly do understand situations like this can be frustrating. In the same boat I too would likely be frustrated. This is why we do give members hints and tips to help transactions to track as we do as much as possible want to reduce the chance of transactions being affiliated to another marketing channel.

@B_M – No worries at all :) We do love members who can help others out. I would like to point out that we are not governed by the FCA as the cashback industry is not one that is regulated. I am delighted that your recent cashback was successful and this was paid to you in a good time frame. I can personally assure we will not remove a review just because it is negative - this is something we pride ourselves on. If you would like me to take a look at the reviews you have had not approved please do let me know and I’ll be able to look into these, review them and let you know why they were not displayed.

As with any cashback site we can only be what we are which is a site that passes you on the money we receive. As with any website or service you use you have to read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site before signing up. I know these may take a bit of reading and sometimes people ignore them but they are extremely important especially for cashback sites as they are very clear at explaining the process and also what cashback is and how it certainly is not guaranteed and neither is it a financial incentive to purchase which I know we have discussed with yourself in the past. These are agreements you make and understand before you make any purchase through our site.

I do hope this helps everyone and that you all have a fantastic week!

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi

Matt i sent you two emails and unfortunately both come back as undelivered, i opened cases in topcashback account. If you allow me i can send you my topcashback user name etc in private message.

Thank you
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    @B_M - For any review whether positive or negative there has always been a rule in place that any mention of another website will mean the review will not show. For example, if you post a really positive review for merchant A and say they are better than merchant B we cannot approve this I am afraid. If you re-submit your review and not use a competitors name I am sure it will be approved.
    I only included similarly what tcb have in their Quidco v tcb (as in link above). As in, tcb will match cashback sites who pay more and add the top up.
    The review won't be re-submitted on the tcb merchants page, it will be posted right here on this forum once paid. It will be totally accurate and honest. If it isn't, then ask for it to be removed, along with any other reviews I may post.

The 5* review I left for Mobile Phones Direct was for the rapid tracking and merchant offers. Sadly, it had to be cancelled and rightly declined. The company actually didn't fully realise that you can't take out a Talk Mobile contract if you currently have a Vodafone contract! Vodafone do all the checks and won't allow two accounts, though you can add another contract to your current single account. Back to the drawing board on that one, but to update my review.
    Mobile Phones Direct.
    5* for tracking and offers
    1* for lack of knowledge and for having to point out what they should know! Time wasted due to clueless staff.
    (5* to Vodafone staff for pointing this out, but MPD should be up to date now).

Top-ranking Bug - contract based and comes under the Ombudsman. EE are sometimes very good resolving disputes, but at Executive levels. If you need to contact them, do so at CEO level and save time. Good luck.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback