The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Comments

• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    Hi every one

3 pages already and we're still in January ;)

Please sign me up for 15 NSD with 3 in a row

I'm still struggling to reach the January target of 15 /3 in a row and February is shorter to I think that'll be a challenge of its own

I don't count DD as can't rely on when they actually come out of account and they'll be moving shortly to a budgeted account just for DD. I'm not sure how to exclude some budgeted shopping without giving myself excuses to spend so I'll probably stick to counting it all in Feb.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Hiya freeby and everyone! I'd love to join in this month please, very very tight budget this month and if we can stick to it I will be thrilled!

So I'd like to go for 16 NSD

Thank you xx
    Full time working mum to 2 boys
    DH Stay at home dad :)
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    2ym65q8.gif

Hi lovely NSD gang:A
    As you can see there is lots of activity on this challenge at the moment and it's difficult sometimes to see how many NSDs you're all declaring on posts.
    Could I ask you to highlight your number of NSDs in a colour and in bold so that I can see them easily when I whizz through the posts - red would be best but I don't really mind as long as I can see the numbers easily.

Some helpful suggestions and ideas to follow below from our sponsor and godmother, BigMummaF :A

NO SPEND CHALLENGE.

1. Have a good, long think about what YOU want to include in your Spend & Excluded categories.
    Some of us count everything from Direct Debits & school expenses, while others do not include things like essential Bills or emergency medical costs. If you plan what is or is not a Spend for you now, it will help you decide on a realistic Target.
    2. It is NOT a race!
    We all have very different demands on our time & bank balance, so please do not think you have to buy everything on 1st January & make it last till 31st December! A few of us have been following this Challenge for a long...long...LONG time so have developed plans & ploys to help us along the way wink2.gif
    3. Most important of all, WE..DO..NOT..FAIL!
    Sometimes we can't quite reach our Target, but that is fine :) Everyone knows how Life will try to trip us up, & that is when you will find us here to help you back on to your feet.

OK, an idea of how some of us do things.
    1. What you will or will not include as a 'Spend'.
    Some people are doing other challenges too, & don't include the money spent on those for this one.
    Some will try to shop for other bits on the days their direct debits etc go out of their bank accounts; they're the real hard core of the bunch sport-smiley-003.gif & have been l-o-n-g time Nsders so don't panic :p
    Some won't count those annoying last minute demands from school & collections as you can't plan for them in advance, likewise emergency prescriptions or visits to the vet :(
    Personally speaking & providing I don't buy anything else, I don't count parking for hospital appointments.(..but then I usually do my shopping because I'm already out :whistle:)
    General thoughts on €bay sales is the buyer has paid P&P so no cost to you :D
    2. It takes Time to reach mega-numbers!
    The First suggestion is the first, because a bit of planning will work wonders on your road to your Target. Have a look at thefirst posts each month for a hefty list of other threads that may be of help. For example, there's a few giving ideas for packed lunches so you can avoid standing in the queue at the bakers for 45mins of your lunch hour! A good incentive to tweak your healthy eating & the pounds you save will show in your bank balance AND your waistline action-smiley-076.gif
    It helps to have various 'money pots' for the different costs that happen like Scouts, dinner money, yoga, window cleaner etc etc. The idea is you "spend" all that money in one hit by..:think:..
    let's say **putting the week's bus fares into the pretty coffee jar, Jo's tumble tots SIZE=2]Weds mornings[/SIZE in the cracked teapot & Ben's £1 coin for the gym locker SIZE=2]Friday lunch[/SIZE in the pocket of the changing bag, on Tuesdays every week when you've got some change from doing the food shop, so an already spendy day. At least four 'spending days' condensed into one ;) (**mine's jam jars for windows, milkman & a bit towards the bills!)
    3. Any day the money stays in your pocket is a bonus!
    If you look at it as a day you beat the system, you can't help but :j so don't fret it--ENJOY! If nothing else in here, we do manage find something to make us smile :D

We have virtual outings to wonderful places that never cost us a bean :rotfl:New York, Edinburgh & Brighton have been a couple & Spoon usually pilots the Tardis but you can use your own transport; my personal favourite has been a sit-on lawn mower borrowed from the cricket club :D The only thing to be aware of is Hubert the donkey who is partial to anything remotely edible but is not yet house-trained :o

And Remember;
    there are no silly questions, so don't be afraid to ask us anything!
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • freebyfifty
    freebyfifty Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Good Morning Everyone :)

It is lovely to see you all, and so many newbies signing up :D
    Keep checking in and updating us all on your progress, you'll soon be addicted and have made some lovely virtual friends :T

Front page is up to date (for the moment) and this time I remembered me :o20 NSDs and 5-in-a-Row.

Have a great Monday.
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    August NSD Challenge 14/15
  • Good morning all, I didn't see this thread last month, and actually did 19 days. A record for me. Please put me down for the whole of February.

Good luck everyone
    DM
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task
    Crazy Clothing Challenge 2015 £48.58/£200 :eek:
  • Hi to all newbies!:hello:

I hope you enjoy the challengë!:)

Thanks freeby,if and all the updaters.

Can I please be put down for 18 nsds please.
  • Hello everyone! :wave:

Thanks for the shiny new thread Freeby! :A

I'd like to pledge my usual lucky 19 NSDs and 6 NSDs in-a-row please. Thank you Freeby! :T

Good luck catching those NSDs everyone! chicken1.gif
    :money: Proud to [STRIKE]be dealing with[/STRIKE] have dealt with my debts! :money:
    DFW Nerd #1256, WSC £?/£? for w/c 03/03/2013, NSD ?/19 for 03/2013, Long Hauler #196

highest debts: 01/06/2006 £69,023.92 _pale_
    debt free date: 31/12/2012 £0!:D
  • Sazdaz
    Sazdaz Posts: 241
    First Post
    Forumite
    Can I please be put down for 15 NSDs this month, I think I am going to be a bit short in Jan by one or two NSDs so thought go for same amount until I hit it.
    APR NSD - 0/10
    Paid off in 2013 so far £125.00
    April Money made - £18.00
  • Okay, I hit my January target so let's try for 12 NSDs in February!

Good luck everyone!

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Hi, can I join again please? I have been absent and sadly spending too much for the last 6 months...I would love to restart the challenge and go for 14 NSD and 4 in a Row please.

Thank-you and hello again :A
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts