No more borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Best of luck tomorrow Pooh!
    Must use my stash up!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Positive positive vibes your way Pooh.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was in assessment for 1hr 40 mins. All over now so I will forget about it until I have my assessment..
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    I was in assessment for 1hr 40 mins. All over now so I will forget about it until I have my assessment..

Fingers and toes crossed for you.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »

Hopefully you will a) hear quickly and b) get the help you need!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just as a matter of interest where is your cottage. We've been going to Northumberland for many year's (low season admittedly) but a couple of years ago we couldn't get our normal place but found the one next door for £100.00 a week less mainly because the fees the the letting company were charging were so different (£35.00 a week as opposed to £70.00 a week). When people are going for a fortnight or three weeks like we do makes a fair difference. However, August is always expensive but a bargain if you work out how much it costs to stay in a hotel and you have so much more freedom. I wouldn't do it any other way, Hope you get your bookings.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • poohbear59
    edited 6 June 2017 at 10:06AM
    Options
    Fingers and toes crossed for you.x.
    Thank you. It is our of my hands now and up to decision makers.
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Hopefully you will a) hear quickly and b) get the help you need!
    I feel that I had a better chance to give information this time. Though having short term memory problems meant I did forget some things.
    Just as a matter of interest where is your cottage. We've been going to Northumberland for many year's (low season admittedly) but a couple of years ago we couldn't get our normal place but found the one next door for £100.00 a week less mainly because the fees the the letting company were charging were so different (£35.00 a week as opposed to £70.00 a week). When people are going for a fortnight or three weeks like we do makes a fair difference. However, August is always expensive but a bargain if you work out how much it costs to stay in a hotel and you have so much more freedom. I wouldn't do it any other way, Hope you get your bookings.

Our cottage is in North Pennines, Cumbria. But bordering Northumberland and Co Durham. Our letting company charge a huge 22% plus vat. But they get us seen by hundreds of thousands. I wish I had the ability to do it ourselves but I don't think anyone in this household could manage it. I have asked other companies for a quote of their charges and they are all the same.

ETA I just realised you might mean the booking fee for customers. Cottages.com usually charge £39 and holiday lettings/TripAdvisor have now put theirs right up to a ridiculous amount.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes. That was what I meant. I couldn't believe the difference in customer booking fees charged by some companies. I would imagine it would be difficult to manage it all yourself. Your cottage is in a beautiful part of the country. I'm sure your bookings will come in for the summer.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • poohbear59
    Options
    We used to get a lot of bookings through trip advisor/holiday lettings but since the change in charges we now get maybe one a year. I used to like TA as we just paid 2% fee. Things change rapidly in self catering lettings websites and customers really need to be aware of extra costs being added at checkout.

We have had some enquiries for August but if we let privately we have to pay a large fee upfront to cottages.com and we can't afford to do it. We have referred them to cottages.com and hope they make the booking.
  • poohbear59
    Options
    Finances not going well. Mr P put £20 diesel in the car plus bought some milk and it put us over our overdraft limit. I didn't realise he had done it, and as a result a dd bounced :eek: :(:o

The dd was for our boiler cover. I will phone them later and find out what we do now.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure