Capital Bank PLC

I an trying to reclaim PPI from a car finance from Capital Bank PLC from 1998.

Am I correct in thinking they are now part of HBOS. ?

I tried calling the HBOS PPI Claim line but its an overseas call centre and trying to explain what capital bank is was a nightmare.

The call centre did not even know what hire purchase meant and could not understand what car finance meant.

Whats my next step ??

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Were these who you contacted?.

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/contactus/howtocomplain/complain-about-ppi/

Just give the account number,if they have your details they will tell you.
  • Hi there

They are part of HBOS/LLoyds Banking Group. I am also attempting to claim for the same thing.

Good Luck
  • More info on Capital Bank. I called their number, found from a Google search (0845 7023488) on a website and got through to a very helpful guy at Blackhorse. He searched through several databases for me, but couldnt find my loan number with Capital Bank. He explained that some accounts from Capital Bank had gone to Blackhorse and some to Halifax/HBOS. (The car finance ones seem to be with Blackhorse). He gave me the number for HBOS (0845 7243444) and although it seemed to be a call centre the person answering understood the complexity of my query and found my loan by its reference number. However her info was limited so she then transferred me back to a UK number and they found all my details. Hope that helps someone!. And it definitely isnt the same company as Capital One. It also seems that their database doesnt really distinguish the difference between HBOS loans and Capital Bank loans.
  • scotslad wrote: »
    I an trying to reclaim PPI from a car finance from Capital Bank PLC from 1998.

If this was through a dealer then pre regulation,(2005) so no chance on this, dont waste your time, or lose any sleep
  • Hi,

Just wondering if there was ever any luck on this one? I had a car loan in late 2004 via dealer with Capital Bank Plc, pretty big one too think the final tally was 21k or there abouts! I have all the bank statements with some sort of initial setup number included, but no policy docs. Where could I ring to try and find copies or chase it up?

Thanks,
    LS
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I suggest you read post #5.
    The fact that the post is from 2013 hasn't made the likelihood of success any brighter, I'm afraid.
  • I am travelling hopefully I guess, I may ask the dealer, they are still there, who knows they might have something!
  • [Deleted User]
    I am travelling hopefully I guess, I may ask the dealer, they are still there, who knows they might have something!
    Pre-2005, the dealer does not even have to consider any complaint. As I said, read post #5.
  • LostShepherd
    LostShepherd Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2017 at 8:34AM
    We as I said I'm travelling hopefully ��

Dealer potentially has a copy of the documentation for me so it's something at least, forgive me if I don't take post #5 as the be all and end all, a little persistence surely won't hurt.
  • [Deleted User]
    Dealer potentially has a copy of the documentation for me so it's something at least, forgive me if I don't take post #5 as the be all and end all, a little persistence surely won't hurt.
    A copy of documentation won't force them somehow to consider a complaint. 2004 is pre-regulation of general insurance and the car dealer will just dismiss your complaint. You will then have no access to the Ombudsman.

By all means ignore post # 5, but that won't net you a refund, I'm afraid.

Enjoy your travels.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport