do argos have a complaints department?

Comments

• Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm guessing if Argos took money out of your account and refunded it shortly after that someone used your card fraudulently to buy something from Argos, Argos detected it and refunded the money.
  • I very much doubt it would have been noticed and refunded that fast if it was fraudulent. My bank agreed, some cashier probably just made a mistake, just like the Tesco mobile woman did when I tried to buy a phone. She billed it to the previous customer by accident and it was only by sheer chance that I asked her to read the card back to me and noticed it wasn't mine. Wish I hadn't now after all the grief I've had from Tesco mobile and all the money it cost in premium rate calls to their "customer services" department to try and sort it out.
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    But unlike with Tesco, Argos didn't already have your card details. The chances of entering a card number, expiry date and CVV code which happens to match a real person is billions to one.
  • Maybe, but the chances of a fraud getting spotted and refunded inside 24 hours have got to be somewhere in the same ballpark.
    And if that's the case, why haven't Argos contacted me to explain and why did my bank know nothing about it and insist it was a mistake?
  • Having placed and paid for a new washing machine from Argos instore one 4/12/10 it was delivered on time on the 10/12/10 worked fine on the first wash when it came to the 2nd wash it tripped my electric and came up with a error that the motor had packed in telephoned argos number and they wanted to send out a engineer i wasnt happy about that so went to the store that i bought it from and they arranged a replacment machine which was delivered on the 15/12/10.
    Everything was going great till 23/12/10 when the washing machine took off and travelled half way around my kitchen and sprung a leak telephoned argos again and they were adamant that a engineer would have to come out he arrived today 31/12/10 and told me there was a problem with the drum and also the electrics he was told by me not to fix it i wanted a replacment machine cause if its having to have new parts after 9 days then i want a new one.

Afetr the engineer left i telephoned argos and filled them in on what was said i was told by them that they would have to pass the info on to the administration dept and they will get back intouch with in 24/48 hours possibly longer because of the holidays to try and sort out what the next step is.
    Am i being unreasonable thinking that i have had nothing but problems since the first one was delivered on the 4/12/10 and having to wait another 2/3 days to see what they can do is a joke when they can sort it out now and order me a new machine odviously a different make.

Doe anyone know the number or email address for a complaints department IF THEY EVEN HAVE ONE ????

A very frustrated mother to 4 kids that need a new washer that works:(
  • I work for Argos P/T, I had a similar issue with a customer before that turned out to be card fraud. A transaction was successfully processed on-line and the amount deducted, systems in place highlighted the potential fraud then a fraud prevention team are notified at head office who cancel the order and refund the amount.

That lady customer was obviously p****d off about having money taken from her, however, she did value this service a whole lot more once she found out that someone else was using her details as it saved her the hassle of trying to get her bank to sort out the problem... and waiting weeks/months to get her money back
    why haven't Argos contacted me to explain and why did my bank know nothing about it and insist it was a mistake?

Its not really Argos' place to contact you/the bank - and if 'someone else' was using your account details im sure they would have left your phone number to allow argos to give you a call:rotfl:
    My bank agreed, some cashier probably just made a mistake

Yeh! With the imaginary card, going into the imaginary card reader, entering the imaginary pin....
    ⚠ 2014 - COUNTDOWN TO INDEPENDENCE ⚠
  • anyusernameleft
    anyusernameleft Posts: 77 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2011 at 2:33AM
    So cynical Scotsman, without the !!!!!!!!, what do you think I should do about it then to safeguard my account? How am I supposed to respond when what is to me a huge amount of money is abstracted and replaced? They don't have my phone number but they know where my bank is and could at least tip them the wink so we know where we are and can appreciate their very timely actions. If it's a fraud catching and sorting out thing I'd REALLY lie to thank them because that's brilliant of them if that's what happened! Seriously. How do I contact them to say thank you?

PS the !!!! were added by the forum censureship software.
  • OK, Here is my moan.

Ordered 3 items in store in September 2010. All of them the 'Winchester range' so they match.

2 Items I could take in store and the wardrobe, well that was 'Too Big' and home delivery had to be used. It would take 28 days.

33 days later, nothing, Zilch. So I phoned. I assumed I would have the excuses, 'We tried to call' etc. But Nothing just we had 'Supplier Issues' and will take another 28 days. I should of seen the warning signs here.

Anyway after another 28 days and another 28 days (after I called them both times!!) I made ANOTHER call to be told the REAL reason the item was not ordered was because the wrong item was ordered!!!. Thats right the order number from September has changed and the NEW one needs to be ordered.

That was 1st December. It would take 28 days.

I called today (1st January 2011)after more no-calls and it will be 'Another 28 days'.

I have asked for a refund.

It will take 5 working days.

But probably will work out at 28 days
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2011 at 7:19PM
    A very frustrated mother to 4 kids that need a new washer that works:(
    Normoyle, are you going to update this thread now that Argos have agreed to replace your machine?
  • emc
    emc Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 January 2011 at 11:53PM
    I have recently been on the receiving end of three bad policies of Argos,

- where anyone buying a mobile phone is forced to buy a top-up voucher,

- where they refuse to refund an unused top-up voucher if the mobile phone is returned for any reason, and

- where they exclude lots of items, such as cameras and mobile phones, from their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. and refuse to refund when such an item is faulty on purchase, offering a repair instead.

I bought a mobile last week which I found does not work consistently, sometimes unable to receive strong enough signal to work when my old phone on the same network was fine, sometimes able to make a call, but the person at the other end cannot hear me, sometimes able to make a call, but cuts out after a while, etc.

I tried to return the phone and unused top-up voucher within 4 days of purchase, but the staff refused to take the phone back, saying they could not see a fault, and offered to book the item in for repair.

They refused to take back the unused top-up voucher, saying the voucher could have been used, even when I contacted the phone network customer services to confirm to them that the voucher had not been used.

Taking Argos to the Small Claims Court seems to be the only option, but that would be a lot of effort, and probably cost, so I have resolved to avoid shopping at Argos and would strongly advise people to avoid buying anything from Argos that they exclude from their 30 day guarantee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure