Can anyone interpret a Hermes card?

Comments

• Mhambi
    Mhambi Posts: 52 Forumite
    try 0871 246 1583 that's the number I usually use. You may have to explain a couple of times why you call but I found them at the end always helpfull.
    Hope that helps.
    Getting there! Thanks to you guys
  • *onlyme*
    *onlyme* Posts: 947 Forumite
    I had a card from Hermes today to advise they left a parcel behind the plant...

Now I have a few small plants in my garden, but nothing big enough that would hide a parcel. I had an idea what it is for but when I checked that it shows parcel was delivered and left 'in an outbuilding', which again, I don't have....so am waiting for the company I purchased the item from, which shows delivery to the mysterious outbuilding to get hold of Hermes and come back to me to tell me which/who's outbuilding....

Seems Hermes around the country all get the same training and apply the same common sense...
  • SADIE
    SADIE Posts: 527 Forumite
    Sounds like a lazy courier or a new one,

Couriers should leave a card with their contact details, if they haven't left your parcel they should call again the next day, if they left the parcel it should be clear where.

The number under the barcode isn't your item number.

They don't have a web address for redelivery, they depend on the courier leaving their number for arranging a redelivery.
    If you contact them they will refer you to the company you ordered from.

If the courier returns the parcel stating 3 attempts and undeliverable, Hermes should contact you by phone or as a last resort by letter.
    At least they will be paying for the call.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    SADIE wrote: »

Couriers should leave a card with their contact details, if they haven't left your parcel they should call again the next day, if they left the parcel it should be clear where.

They don't have a web address for redelivery, they depend on the courier leaving their number for arranging a redelivery.

If the courier returns the parcel stating 3 attempts and undeliverable, Hermes should contact you by phone or as a last resort by letter.

Thank you, your scenario is exactly what has happened so far and as you say the main Hermes number is quite insistent that they have nothing they can add to this problem as they do not keep central records..

The card was left on the 5th and nothing further was attempted yesterday, the 6th and there was someone in the house all day.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    SADIE wrote: »

When Hermes attempted to deliver to my address, they didn't leave a card so there was no way of getting in touch with the courier. I only knew about the two attempted deliveries because the sender had given me the tracking number after I had queried the delivery time. When it was delivered to "a secure location" it was left in a black bin bag, by the bin, about 5 feet from the road. It was there for about three days because there was nobody in over the weekend. If they had left a contact number, proper arrangements could have been made.
  • TUS
    TUS Posts: 692 Forumite
    Hermes have generally been very good for me, but my local courier is a dead nice guy and always puts his mobile number on the cards so I can call him.

Hermes couriers are normally self-employed agents, so there is no centralised tracking system. You get what you pay for I guess ... a budget service!
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Still no contact today but one of my ebay items is now well over due and although the seller says it went via the Home Delivery Network I suspect it may have ended up with Hermes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    they are a bit funny, these Hermes people... the guy who delivers to me is a bit moody, sometimes OK, other times really rude.
    he's never left a card, I think if I'm not in he just comes back, as working from home I'm in most of the time.
    don't think I'd ever use them

i get some really dodgy looking people from different companies knocking at my door... scruffy, no manners.. even dodgier looking vans...
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    One thing that worries me: if tracking says they left it at a "secure location" and it goes missing, would it still be covered by anything or would it be unclaimable?
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Still nothing on the Hermes front, but co incidentally I am missing a parcel from a large business seller on ebay that was apparently sent on the 31st March via HDNL. I have put the tracking number into HDNL online and it states:

No events have been recorded for this UPI yet. Please try again later

Does that mean they don't even have the parcel yet?

I really don't like couriers :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure