Can anyone interpret a Hermes card?

I came home last night to find a card in the front door from Hermes that says 'Sorry I missed you' . fair enough except I can't make head or tail of it. All it has is a date, no parcel number, contact details, web address for re delivery. I'm also not sure whether it was left or not as there is writing across the box that is printed 'Item was left' but it is almost illegible.

I think it says 'trial to return' which is illogical, my OH thinks it says 'tried to deliver'. Yet it doesn't say where it was left . The boxes about retaining my parcel are all blank whch makes me think it has been left somewhere.

However, I can see no sign of it and I don't have any logical hiding places in the front garden, I checked under the car and in the bushes, but nothing.

I don't even know what the parcel is as I'm waiting for several items and I thought all of them were supposed to be coming RM. I suppose unless anyone cna come up with a brilliant idea I'll have to wait and see which of my outstanding items doesn't arrive and contact that seller? Assuming it is an ebay item of ocurse as I've got goods outstanding from other online places as well.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Hello,

It might not be from an ebay seller because I have had stop delivered via Hermes from Debenhams and Dorothy Perkins!

The shoes that I ordered from Debenhams were left in my black bin on the street that was full of rubbish!

As for the card, I assume they will just try and deliver it another day. I had a card through from them and it said NOTHING but a name and a phone number that appeared to have been written by a small child.

Good luck with getting your parcel safely!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I was worried that this might not be an ebay order as my sons at uni buy things online and get all sorts of stuff delivered here, so it could well be one of those items.

Is it normal then for Hermes cards to have no details at all except for a illegible scrawl across them?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,020
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I had one the other day (can't remember which courier), but where it said "parcel left with", they'd just put "Dave". Luckily my OH has lived for ages, so we finally figured out which neighbour was called Dave!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    I had one the other day (can't remember which courier), but where it said "parcel left with", they'd just put "Dave". Luckily my OH has lived for ages, so we finally figured out which neighbour was called Dave!

I had two attempted deliveries and a parcel left at a "secure location" (next to the bin:rotfl: ) from Hermes. They didn't leave a card after any of them!
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Oh dear, I'm a bit worried now.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    I've had cards thru the door from HDNL that says "sorry we missed you" and nothing else. no parcel number, no name, no anything.

A few hours later the delivery driver turned up with said parcel. I asked why did he leave a card with no details. His response was he was calling past here later. Erm...
  • youngone90
    youngone90 Posts: 94
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    On their website it says they will attempt to deliver three times...so maybe he will come back?
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    youngone90 wrote: »
    On their website it says they will attempt to deliver three times...so maybe he will come back?

My worry is that he has put somehting in the box that is headed 'it was left'. the further boxes referring to redelivery are not marked at all.

All I can do is wait now and see what happens.
  • Mhambi
    Mhambi Posts: 52 Forumite
    I use Hermes quite a lot for eBay deliveries as they are very reasonable.

On your card there should be an item number (i know you say no parcel number). You can call Hermes about this and use the number as a reference. I know they can do a search by address but I never had to use this. Worth wile to give them a ring as the courier tend to work in given areas and it should be possible to find out who left the card.

Have you got their number? Its on their main side or just PM me and I can give it to you.
    Getting there! Thanks to you guys
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    Mhambi wrote: »
    I use Hermes quite a lot for eBay deliveries as they are very reasonable.

On your card there should be an item number (i know you say no parcel number). You can call Hermes about this and use the number as a reference. I know they can do a search by address but I never had to use this. Worth wile to give them a ring as the courier tend to work in given areas and it should be possible to find out who left the card.

Have you got their number? Its on their main side or just PM me and I can give it to you.

There is a number that states to call if you want to use their services. I have called that (0844 5437411) and the recorded message warns that they cannot deal with any queries about parcels as they hold no information and I need to contact the courier direct. It then says if you don't have the couriers number to go back to the original retailer who will hold the information.

However, I have just had a response from my last seller to say he used HDN and not Hermes, so I can only assume it is something ordered from a company and not ebay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure