BT Mobile,Sim £16 for unlimited calls, texts 20GB data?

sunni
sunni Posts: 785 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello everyone

Oh am so tempted to take up this BT sim only offer of £16 per month for unlimited calls and texts and 20GB data.

Currently on o2 payg £15 per month for free calls and texts to o2 only and 500mb data. Have my own iphone so sim deal would be best. Coverage seems excellent in my area at 3G, no 4G.

Sounds like a good deal from BT mobile but thinking do I need 20GB data? They've £10 per month sim for 2GB data and 500 minutes and unlimited texts. Tempted with the £16 deal but thinking will I use 20GB data?

sunni

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    sunni wrote: »
    ... thinking do I need 20GB data?
    ... thinking will I use 20GB data?
    Well, keep thinking then.

Or just check your current or recent usage? :idea:
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello everyone

Oh am so tempted to take up this BT sim only offer of £16 per month for unlimited calls and texts and 20GB data.

Currently on o2 payg £15 per month for free calls and texts to o2 only and 500mb data. Have my own iphone so sim deal would be best. Coverage seems excellent in my area at 3G, no 4G.

Sounds like a good deal from BT mobile but thinking do I need 20GB data? They've £10 per month sim for 2GB data and 500 minutes and unlimited texts. Tempted with the £16 deal but thinking will I use 20GB data?

sunni
    And here I am thinking paying £1.75 per month (after automatic cashback) for 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts and 3GB wasn't bad value.

If you "need" the data then it sounds like a good deal. Myself...I use wi-fi virtually everywhere and use very little mobile data.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • sunni
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    And here I am thinking paying £1.75 per month (after automatic cashback) for 1,000 minutes, unlimited texts and 3GB wasn't bad value.

If you "need" the data then it sounds like a good deal. Myself...I use wi-fi virtually everywhere and use very little mobile data.
    That sounds good after the cashback. I try and use wifi when possible but times I have to buy more data via the bolt on
  • sunni
    grumbler wrote: »
    Well, keep thinking then.

Or just check your current or recent usage? :idea:
    I use 600mb data, that includes the £6 bolt on but it would only last about 2 weeks and I just have to wait then until my top up date again. Then when I top up I get all the unread texts that was sent which I never get when there sent as I've no data.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I use 600mb data, that includes the £6 bolt on but it would only last about 2 weeks and I just have to wait then until my top up date again. Then when I top up I get all the unread texts that was sent which I never get when there sent as I've no data.

Do you disable data as much as possible? I barely get through 100MB in a month. Mobile data is just about always disabled and I have auto login set on most wi-fi hotspots. I've got free wi-fi at home, free wi-fi at work and free wi-fi in the pub. I don't really have much of a need for data anywhere else. Even when I'm shopping at Boots using O2 priority for the £1 meal deal I use the wi-fi in Boots rather than mobile data.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • grumbler
    edited 1 December 2015 at 5:50PM
    they're

You don't need any balance and any data connection for receiving texts.
  • sunni
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    Do you disable data as much as possible? I barely get through 100MB in a month. Mobile data is just about always disabled and I have auto login set on most wi-fi hotspots. I've got free wi-fi at home, free wi-fi at work and free wi-fi in the pub. I don't really have much of a need for data anywhere else. Even when I'm shopping at Boots using O2 priority for the £1 meal deal I use the wi-fi in Boots rather than mobile data.
    I always turn the mobile data off and only switch it on if I need it, not sure how to set it on auto login for wifi spots?
  • sunni
    grumbler wrote: »
    they're

You don't need any balance and any data connection for receiving texts.
    Its strange as some texts will only come through when I've mobile data and 3G switched on?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    that's the same price as the staff deal, network is ee
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • grumbler
    edited 2 December 2015 at 10:20AM
    Its strange as some texts will only come through when I've mobile data and 3G switched on?
    There is [STRIKE]need[/STRIKE] no need to switch 3g off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure