Balance Transfer from 1 card to another

Hi ppl

I'm offer to Florida next month and the missus has a Nationwide Credit Card and a lot of people on here have said its the best for using abroad because there is no % charge when using it.

I don't have one of these but have a 0% on BT's with my Halifax card.

Is it possible to transfer from HER card to MINE when we come back if we need to? or do they have to be in the same name?

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question :-[

Cheers

WJUK ;)

Comments

• It is not a silly question on the contrary it is a most sensible question.
    I think that the answer is yes you can pay off your wifes Nationwide Card from your Halifax Card but I am not 100% certain that you can.
    Perhaps someone else is certain of what the answer is.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • I transfer balances between my own and husband's cards all the time and have done the same with my son. Have never actually done the Halifax/Nationwide conbination but can't see there should be any problems.

I actually think you can take on anyones balance as they never ask for the name of the card you are taking the debt from . Now theres a way to build up debt that I hadn't thought of before :)
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I'm offer to Florida next month and the missus has a Nationwide Credit Card and a lot of people on here have said its the best for using abroad because there is no % charge when using it.
    I'd better just clarify and say there is no charge for making purchases. However if you get cash out of a cashpoint machine in Florida there is a charge which has just gone up to 1.5% if my memory is correct. Also I think you pay interest from the day of the cash advance. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

However it's still the best card for foreign travel by a long way.
  • wackojackouk
    wackojackouk Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks people for your help.

I won't be using it for £££ advances anyway just if I want to buy some clothes etc over there.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Nationwide charge goes up at the start of December.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure