PPI problem with Barclay BT!Caution

I'm not sure if anyone's aware of this problem but it happened to me and hubby. Just a note of caution to everybody.

We did a SBT with our Barclay card and didn't realised that our Payment Protection Plan will be classified as 'standard charges" which carry a standard APR of 14.9%. As you maybe aware, any payment made, will be paid first against any balance with the lowest APR, and so on and so forth. Which means, we're both now stuck with a GBP 50 ppi balance, accumulating @ 14.9% APR, until we pay off our BT amount. We were originally planning to pay this amount off within 2-3 years.

Hubby is trying to get Barclay to refund and cancel the PPI. Will post the results in the next few days.

Comments

• lyeping
    lyeping Posts: 11 Forumite
    Out of goodwill, Barclay Card has agreed to reversed the PPI charges out of my husband's account and I've got my PPI charges converted to 2.9%. Department to speak to is customer loyalty which I have a feeling is also the 'card cancelletion' department. ::)
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    You could cancel and look at getting protection elsewhere if you think it is essential to have it. PPI from credit card issuers is not the cheapest - its a bit like taking buildings insurance from your mortgage lender, convenient but not competitive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure