This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Watty

I have caught up on a fair chunk of your diary over the past few days, you are such an inspiration your figures are awesome. Cheering you on from the sidelines hun xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    How is the black dog?
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    How is the black dog?

I hope you've been able to show him the kennel for a little while :)
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Hi Watty, just catching up with your diary.

Sounds as if a lot is going on, but well done with your de-cluttering project.

From my own experience, there's the point when it's all waiting to leave the house, and you feel it looks worse than before you started.

But it's very satisfying when the space is finally cleared.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    What a lovely lot of messages to log on to :) Thank you! Depression hanging around but after blacking out a week ago Dr doing very sensible health tests as thinks depression may be related to something underlying. We will see. Blood tests done today. Still feeling cheerful however.
    Lots to catch up on. Final day of lent and by the end of today I will have done it! All 40 lines of chart complete and a huge amount of clutter left house. I would never have cleared so much without the 40 bags/40 days challenge. Just a few final bits of work and some more stuff in hay barn to go. I'm thinking I have probably restocked local charity shop :)
    Told friend who is now homeless that I have sold the stuff I took on the guise of clearing up for her prior to move and total due is £320. She was overwhelmed bless her. A few of her bits still to be collected / paid for, she is delighted and I am glad the stuff has gone from the barn. Have a plan to store the rest of her stuff so it does not intrude so much and then it can stay there for as long as she needs.
    Saw a lovely flat to buy suitable for renting out - but - am seriously re-considering buy to let plans. More on that later :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    That's it. 40 days 40 bags out the door. Seriously decrappyfied here :j

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yay to decrappification :j:j:j Thats a really positive, powerful Lent challenge, actually, good for you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    What a word, decrappify! I love it! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Watty1
    Phew! Where did the last few days go. Let me see, I've had a birthday, been to the local point to point, been to see the sea and am now back in office.
    Mr Watty may be on board with financial independence plans - big news - will save for another post as researching plans at the moment!
    And on a smaller level statement from letting agent shows an increase in rent due to re-negotiations with letting agent. That and the re-mortgage means our old house is now paying 55.8% of the mortgage on this one!
    Wow - over half. That really has made renegotiating with letting agent and finding a better mortgage deal so worthwhile :j

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Fantastic! Thats an ongoing gain, well done you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure