Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.number10.gov.uk/footer/contact-us

I got this from Google, it takes you to the page to e mail, then when you have completed your message, no more than 1000 words, I did 955 words, you submit, then it acknowledges in your e mail and you click where they tell you, then your message is finally submitted.
    I finished my message by asking could they take off the VAT!!:eek:

The more folk that do this the better!!! Cheers, oap
  • ZZaffy
    ZZaffy Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 January 2011 at 4:03PM
    Options
    Last year I ordered 1000 litres of oil. The company were excellent.
    However when the oil man finished, he said I had room for more and put in an extra 200 litres.
    When I received the bill, the print out (1000 litres and price) had been changed by hand. No problem until I got to thinking, how do I know I had an extra 200 litres. I am sure I did, but there is always a doubt. Is there a litre counter that can be put on the tank to gauge how much is delivered?
  • home-heating-oil
    Options
    ZZaffy wrote: »
    Last year I ordered 1000 litres of oil. The company were excellent.
    However when the oil man finished, he said I had room for more and put in an extra 200 litres.
    When I received the bill, the print out (1000 litres and price) had been changed by hand. No problem until I got to thinking, how do I know I had an extra 200 litres. I am sure I did, but there is always a doubt. Is there a litre counter that can be put on the tank to gauge how much is delivered?

Sounds a bit dodgy I thought the onboard system monitored all stock out. How did you pay? Not cash I hope.. There should be a total capacity stamped on the oil tank.. so if full that is the total it can hold..
  • oap
    Options
    We get a print out on the invoice slip which starts at 00000
    and finishes at whatever you have bought!!

Cheers oap
  • fyr
    fyr Posts: 60 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • home-heating-oil
    Options
    OFT have announced an official investigation into heating oil prices.... http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2011/07-11
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2011 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Blimey, I ordered 500 litres couple weeks back and it was 79p / litre - from Southern Counties oil (I'm near Brighton) at the time Boilerjuice was quoting around 70-80p so I went with my usual company.... I'm guessing a few oil execs have now paid off their mortgages and second homes thanks to the recent panic/scare!

sob, 79p

:mad:

edit: it was 'only' 75.98p/L sorry for error!

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • oap
    Options
    You were definitely overcharged!!
  • skintmumof2
    Options
    I ran out of oil about 2 weeks ago. Was £315 for 500 litres. Now come down to around £290 for 500 litres about 55ppl. Still cant afford any just yet so hoping itll be even cheaper?? In the PE14 area.
    Mum of 2 Under 5s
    Now working woop woop.:D DIY store - Loving it!
    In Debt:( Just under £16,000 CCCS recommended Bankruptcy...On token payments for now.

PPI Reclaimed LLoyds TSB 19/09/12 £1915.96
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    I'm in Cornwall and was quoted 74p per litre for an end of December delivery (we were almost out of oil) managed to get it down to 69p by quoting a price I'd seen for another company. Hope the next delivery will be a lot cheaper - we don't have a lot of choice as we can't get gas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback